The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Verdi , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Verdi Camping Reviews
Beautiful Spot in the Woods But Choose Site Carefully

Great October stay here. Scenic spot nestled in the woods and yet conveniently close to town. It’s a big campground though and many of the sites seem to be tightly spaced. Seems the outer rim sites are more spacious than inner. Suspect our experience would have felt differently on that inner rim.

Access to the lake is convenient and super scenic to mention nothing of canoeing and kayaking and swimming opportunities.

Nice spot, but I prefer the walk to Long Lake campsites

Right by kidd lake. More amenities than Long Lake sites, but not quite as remote/pretty

Hidden jem

I guess it’s a 5 minute uphill walk from the PCT and is hidden (plus not on PCT maps) so it’s relatively unused for non-locals. Always find something fun here left behind. 8 bunks. Some counter space. Wood. And a nice privy

Ate some grubb at this hut

Also… got rid of some grubb here too. Nice bathroom. Fun historical place a nice hike away from Castle Peak and far enough away that you don’t get the crowds. Kitchen, firewood, fireplace, and a bunch of bunks

Roughing it in nature

Great place for friends and family to meet. Much nicer with a higher water level.

Gorgeous and Relaxing

This is a really nice looking campground. I was lucky it wasn’t too crowed and the people staying were all respectful. There is a cool lake right there on site just a short walk to it. They have bathrooms and showers. No cell service, but close to a main road where service can be found.

Very nice state park, loop A has water and electric, some pull thru sites all paved.

Love, love, love!

This was a pretty big campground, and it was pretty full when I got there. But, the campsite I stayed at (45) was tucked far enough back from the loop road and had tons of bushes, so I felt like I was the only one there. There were rv's with larger groups on either side of me, but I couldn't hear a thing. The hiking trail was right behind my site, and I took full advantage of it, wandering through the backcountry. It was short drive to lake, like 5 min. With as many people as there was in the campground I thought there would be lots of people on the lake. Not so! I shared the lake with only a couple of other people. It was an amazing camping trip!

unbelievable

awesome trip.  we just did 20+ miles, from echo lake in, around, and out to Aloha before heading back over 2.5 days.  Aloha is kinda surreal.  and in places there are rock path in the middle where a person can walk in a few inches of water and appear to the viewer to be "walking on water"

it was hot in July…

Backpack hike

Had a great time for 3 solid days at this lake and the area around it Very gorgeous views and friendly people around Didn’t see to much wild life but very peaceful