The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Long Barn , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Long Barn Camping Reviews
Quick Camping

Woodward is our family go to place to camp in the summer heat. Lots of campsites with room for tents or RVs. Fire pits and picnic tables at each site. Plenty of bathrooms, some with showers. Usually somewhat clean. Water feels good when it's 100+ degrees outside. Good prices. And you can bring your dogs.

Nice dispersed camping

I stayed at a super campground on a forest road turn off. There were a couple of other spots taken, but it was off the beaten path and very quiet. I was able to watch the sunset from some rocks across the road. Very nice for a quiet night of solitude and hearing there wind through the trees while falling asleep.

Camp here twice.

We live close by so going to camp in Sly Park, seems weird. However, I have had at least two kids camping trips here. Sly Park lake is great! We love kayaking on it, especially to the waterfall. It has vault toilets and they are pretty clean. I like that Chimney is close to the water however, this location really does not have a beach. It can be quite busy at times as it is also a day use area.

Been here many times

We have come here many times. It’s a neat little area. The kids can ride their bikes, play in the park, they have a volley ball net and have had outdoor movies. The lake is great, we have even rented boats and gone out. The kids loved the fishing pond. Wind can be strong at times. Deer do like to come through. I don’t recommend the middle of summer as it can be really hot.

Lake Camanche South Shore

Site: Monument Condition: Clean, fairly spacious RV sites Internet: Poor

Amazing views

The views from this place are amazing. The abandoned ski lifts are pretty cool to look at and hike along them as well. I camped right on the edge where the view was as far from the highway as possible. The only downfall is that you can hear the highway. I went on a Tuesday. But I could tell the place gets busy at some point. I would go again.

Restrictions

This campground is only open to Stanislas County residents.

Amazing sites w/ incredible trails & views

Grover Hot Springs SP is one of those campgrounds that you dream of. The sites are large and spacious w/ good coverage, great camp hosts, incredible walks and trails and just the most gorgeous views. I got up early morning to do a hike around with my pup and we found the best sitting rock down by the creek and just sat there and listened to the water. The bear boxes and bathrooms were nice and clean and while there isn't cell service in the park or in Markleeville, you can get wifi in town.

The hot springs are basically just one developed pool, so nothing spectacular but it's surrounded by a wonderful background of mountains and grassy prairie.

I would definitely come back here!

South Shore, Coyote Flats

Wicked August heat, BUT there’s the lake!

5 Stars — were it not for the SLOBS who preceded us!!🤔😡 We were a party of six, in 2 adjacent sites nearest the lake, spent the first 30+ minutes policing up ALL manner of trash; some of it appeared to have been there for YEARS, “literally” — no pun intended…

NOTE 1: We were there Tues-Thurs, only 3 - 4 other parties in the WHOLE place. It totally fills up on weekends, so our experience could be mitigated by crowds, partying!

NOTE 2: There is NO overflow parking. So if you have more than 2 vehicles you have to pay for an additional site. We all could have fit in one site but had to buy 2 sites since we had 3 vehicles and a boat/trailer.

Some sites have plenty of shade, some none, which would be killer in the heat! Great, QUIET time. When the lake is down (like now) it’s a bit of a haul to the water — cart/wagon recommended, as well as a shade pop-up AT water’s edge. Great for just floating around, having a beer or 3. Fishing attempted, no prizes….

STUNNING, ever-changing sunsets — pics don’t do justice!

Large sites, picnic table, and substantial fire ring with primitive grill. Ample water stations, only porta-potties. There are group (double) sites, [not currently available with Covid-19 restrictions]. Some sites are reasonably isolated from “neighbors,” some not. Those closest to the water are preferable. About ½ mile walk to the store, longer when the lake-level is higher.

We will DEFINITELY be back, with friends!!! Our party’s booker reports their website was a bit tricky.

Little Yosemite

Grover Hot Springs campground reminds me of Yosemite National Park. Not the grandeur of Half Dome but the amazing fields of grass. The park has a beautiful walk way that allows you to walk thru the field without trampling it. There are a number of hiking trails that leave from the park and one goes to a small waterfall. There's also a nice stream that goes thru the park.

Although I didn't visit the hot springs, I was told they were amazing. Just make sure you reserve a spot to actually visit the hot springs. I was unaware of this.

The campground consists of the standard bear box, table and flush toilets. This campground also has showers.

Bears are really active in the area so the rangers are super vigilant about leaving food at your campsite.  Make sure you leave all food in the bear box.

The small town of Markleeville is located 4 miles from the campground. It's a great little town that offer a few restaurant and one deli.  It's worth exploring.

Cell Service: None