Camping in Big Sur

Recent Yurt Reviews Near Big Sur

78 Reviews of 2 Big Sur Campgrounds

Jonathan F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2021

Beautiful site with lots of space

We stayed alongside the creek and enjoyed dining one night at the local restaurant. Highly recommend this campground

Month of VisitJanuary
Matt L.
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2021

Pfiffer Big Sur State Park

Nice campground, some spots are a little tight backing in so if you got a buddy send em to spot.

Sitew127
S
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2021

Mesmerizing drive up

I was able to only reserve one night about two weeks prior to my stay. On my way out I asked if they take walk ins and they do at $ 35. If we wanted to we would have been able to stay a second night, but we ended up driving North. We saw three deer, river, trees that have been there for several…

• Sun between Ragged Point and Big Sur
    Play button icon
SiteWeyland Campground Big Sur
RD P.
Reviewed Oct. 21, 2021

Beautiful but crowded

This is an amazing campground on the big sur river. The Rangers do a pretty good job keeping the place up. Fishing is not allowed in the river but not practical anyway because people are swimming in it all the time. I'm a single guy with a truck camper. This is a great spot for families.

• Play button icon
Sitetwice one river spot. beautiful
Alex S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2021

Gorgeous place, bit pricey

Really beautiful spot. Make sure to note when bathrooms close because some close at 8pm but others are open all night. The ones nearest to the front gate are open all night

• This was right behind our site
Month of VisitOctober
S
Reviewed Aug. 30, 2021

Couldn’t be better!

I stayed at Ventana Campgrounds as my first attempt at camping. I honestly couldn’t have had a better experience. The camp was easy to get to and check in. The campsite we reserved was clean and spacious. We were kinda tucked away from other campsites. It was very nice. No one was too loud or…

• 6 person tent fit very well with plenty of extra room to move around the site
  • awesome fire pit provided with built in cooking grate
Neil C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Decent site but expensive

Paid 80 bucks for a tent site that was really small and close to other people. This campsite is packed to the gills. Plenty of kids screaming off in the distance. Not ideal but it’s in a highly sought after area, so it is what it is.

Gabby G.
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2021

Fancy

This place is Fancy, hot showers, light outlets convenience store and restaurant on the top. So nice though, next a river, but close to other campers. The showers were nice and  clean bathrooms. The lady in charge was so nice and hospitable ready to help. She took us in without reservations.

Raquel R.
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Best site I’ve been to

I have been on a cross country trip and this is by far the most beautiful, quiet and peaceful site I’ve been to. The creek is beautiful, the air smells like cedar and juniper, and it’s truly such a wonderful place. I would stay here for a week if I could. Definitely camp here!

Kristina B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 27, 2021

Magical

I rented an Escape camper van. Perfect lodging as it was riverside and torrential downpour forced many tent campers to leave.

I was cozy! I brought my propane fire pit as there was a fire ban. Most trails were closed due to mud. So many sites to see around the area. Gorgeous trees and water.

Grace M.
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2021

Refreshing campground

Beautiful! Peaceful! Clean! Campground is surrounded by lush trees and vegetation. Our campsite was right next to a small stream and the kids had so much fun exploring everyday. The bathrooms/showers were cleaned everyday. We went during spring break so there were plenty of families and some…

Sitetent site #7
Month of VisitApril
Alma L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

This park is not closed

Gorgeous, quite and peaceful. This place felt half empty on Memorial Weekend. No mosquitos or ticks which was unusual. The river is running very low but it’s still gorgeous. We had a premium river site and a larger open site. I would stay closer to the river or in an open meadow for sunshine. The…

SiteSite 73 and 129
T
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Peaceful

We stayed in the main campground for 5 days and this place is one of the quietest most relaxing campgrounds I’ve ever been to. Cell service was weak which actually made it better. Bathrooms are clean with showers. Great place!

Jennifer O.
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2021

OPEN and great!

This campground is open but you need to reserve a site 48hrs ahead of time or snag a first-come-first-serve site (which we did!). I think it's a California State Park and Covid thing right now. There is some construction going on but it didn't effect our stay at all. We had a river site. It was…

C
Reviewed Apr. 1, 2021

Very beautiful and green

Campground is a bit small but it’s pretty. There are plenty of redwoods around so it’s very shaded. Sites are fairly close together.. I have a RTT and I had to swing my ladder to the other side because the neighbor tent was so close and I didn’t want to step on anyone. It’s clean and they offer…