Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 70 ft.
Joe Wheeler is located in Alabama
12 Reviews of Joe Wheeler
JOE WHEELER STATE PARK

ONE OF THE BEST STATE PARKS IN ALABAMA GREAT TRAILS LARGE RV SITES GREAT STAFF AND GREAT EVENTS PLENTY OF WILDLIFE RUNNING AROUND

Ehh.. It was ok.

This campground is totally for those who want to get on the Tennessee River for fishing or boating. We are neither of those things but we do like to have places to explore and things to do. We were rather disappointed as a result. Joe Wheeler Resort is a beautiful place and the lodge is on the river but only a small part of the campground is on the river. I was surprised at our disappointment because so many of our friends love to camp here. We found the sites to be too close together and it was quite noisy. On a positive note, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Also, the bathrooms and showers were pretty nice. The nicest part of the campground was the primitive area. It was gorgeous!! If you do stay here, go to the resort and have a meal. They have a buffet most nights and we have always found the food to be good. If I were on my was somewhere else and would only be here for one night, I would give it a go again, but this will not be our place for an extended stay.