Equestrian
About Colter Bay - Grand Teton National Park

Open late May to late September. Located 25 miles north of Moose with 350 individual sites without utility hookups and 11 group sites. Indivisual sites without hookups are first-come, first-served, advanced reservations are not accepted. The Colter Bay RV Park has sites with full utility hookups. Reservations are accepted for sites in the RV Park and for group sites in the campground. Campground and RV Park has modern comfort stations with a trailer dump station, showers and laundry nearby. Colter Bay is a wooded campground with larger sites and easier access if you are traveling with a camper, trailer or RV. Close to Jackson Lake with many nearby activities. The campground generally fills in the afternoon , if at all, reservations are advised for the RV Park. The maximum length of stay is 14 days with no more than 30 days in the park per year. Website: www.gtlc.com

Price
$31.00
National Park Service
Colter Bay - Grand Teton National Park is located in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming
Directions
Located 25 miles north of Moose.
54 Reviews of Colter Bay - Grand Teton National Park
Well maintained campground

Colter Bay is great for any type of camper. Walk in sites available on a first come first serve basis but the campground has many sites available. Some of the sites are located on the waterfront which makes for a great view but the water is a short walk away for the other campers. Certain sites also offer great views of the peaks across the water. We used a tent for camping which was around $30 per night. Restrooms and showers are also located nearby.

Best trip ever

This was my very first time tent camping and I was extremely nervous but I can’t imagine a better experience. The amenities were fantastic and the views breathtaking. I was there with my three small kids for 4 nights and we all had a great time. I can’t wait to come back.

LOVE THIS PLACE

Nice size campground. Wake up to the best view ever

Colter Bay Stole My heart

Don’t stay anywhere else but here in the Tetons, incredible views with excellent access to water and incredible sunrise views of the Tetons. 10/10 would do again!

Favorite Park!

I do my best to cross a few national parks off my bucket list every year, and Grand Teton is my favorite of them all. It is a busy area, and all sites are first come- first serve, so plan accordingly. We timed our arrival so we were there fairly early the day after many Fourth of July campers would be returning home. It worked in our favor, as the sweet woman who checked us in assigned us a spot in a quieter loop away from the RV areas (we are tent campers). Our site was spacious and among the tall pines. Each site has its own bear box which is fantastic and served as a great storage locker for all our gear. It was also in the shade and helped keep the ice in our coolers longer. There are restrooms nearby that are pretty basic, but include an area to wash dishes and get water. There is a fantastic camp store with a pretty amazing variety of groceries, including a fresh deli, ice cream, and quality craft beers! Shower and laundry facilities are available too. Jackson Lake is nearby where we took a boat tour that was educational & entertaining. We were rewarded with seeing some bald eagles and elk while on the ride. We also rented kayaks and canoes there for some afternoon fun. All in all, great camping experience in one of the beat National Parks!

A nicely located RV campground in Grand Teton

We spent 9 nights in Colter Bay RV park in a 30 ft travel trailer. It is a fairly large RV park, but still an easy walk from laundry, the store, the lake, and the visitor center. The sites were fairly level (the whole campground is on a downhill grade to the lake) and nicely spaced. We enjoyed being in the park, though on the north side it was a bit of a drive to Jenny Lake and Jackson. Overall, a pleasant experience and I would recommend.

good spot on north side of Jackson Lake

You can’t really go wrong in the Tetons, bc…it’s the Tetons. We base-camped here for 4 nights to explore GTNP. only regret is that it made for some long drives down to the southern areas of the park/Jackson/Teton Village. If we did it over, might’ve split with some nights in Gros Ventre or even Granite Creek, but CB was good for us. it’s a busy mini-town with tons of activity, people, and tour buses during the day. But we benefited from the showers and laundry. plus, you can usually find a quiet place somewhere on the shore of Jackson Lake.

the CG Is huge but empties out every day by 10am (it filled up only a couple of the nights we were there). our spot was a little more spacious, which the kids enjoyed. most sites weren’t much to look at, but walk a few feet and you’ll see Mt Moran over thr trees, which makes up for it.

Only complaint was that we were told when arriving we couldnt take a particular site that was open bc it was being held for someone. i told the guard i thought all sites were FCFS with no reservations? we took the site across from that one, and nobody ever came for the site we wanted.

Having big bear boxes at every site was really appreciated. Grants Village in Yellowstone had one box half that size that was shared by 5-6 sites—nope!

such beauty

loved it here. The beauty in this area is breathtaking.

8/6-8/8/17- good, bathrooms not clean

The campsite itself was fine, bathrooms pretty dirty.

One of my favorite campgrounds!

This campground was pretty amazing. We stopped at Jenny Lake and watched the sun set and then drove up to Colter Bay and I was very satisfied with our stay! There were a lot of campsites to choose from and they were not right on top of each other which I really liked. There were a lot of trees which also provided more privacy.