Sunny Glen , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Sunny Glen Camping Reviews

Paris mountain is a beautiful setting. Lots of bikers use the park. The campground is nice except lots of the spots are not level. The sites are nice otherwise. Bathhouse is nice and clean. Several easy hiking trails around which we did with our older dogs. They did fine and loved it. No sewer hookup but a dump station available. The area is so beautiful that I would definitely use this park Again.

Beautiful setting, gross bathhouse

Beautiful spot next to the river. The downside was the bathrooms/showers were really gross. Otherwise it was a good campground.

Been here in several seasons.

…each season offers a different experience. We take kayaks in Spring and Summer.

Met our needs

Very well taken care of campground. Vault toilet was clean. There are a couple pull-through spots. We were the only campers there. $5 a spot.

Made for large groups not intimate getaways

Be prepared for an encyclopedia of reading all the rules. I found the yurts and cabins to be way too close together for any type of privacy. Maybe they have it set up that way for big groups to come in at once? But it was so noisy with kids and dogs echoing in the valley, and we could even hear the neighboring cabins talking while sitting around their campfire. I suppose if I was there with a group of close friends it would be okay but it seems with all the land they have that they could have given each person more privacy in their spaces. One more thing that may help is we hiked all of the trails and noticed in several places there were 3-4 inch protrusions where small trees where cut down but not cut all the way back to the ground and I almost sprained my ankle. They all did spray paint some of the roots and had the trails nice and cleared but the exposed ends of the small trees throughout the trail are a real hazard. I’m super fit and have good eyesight and hike a lot so I was able to dodge many of them but I’m sure the kids and the older adults may get hurt. Other than the close proximity of the cabins/yurts/RVs and the exposed tree stubs I think they have a great concept (for large group events) and we enjoyed our stay. One more thing the shower handle falls off in the small yurt.

Nice well kept Corp of Engineers campground

This is a typical Corp of Engineers campground, well kept with a variety of pull through and back-in sites.  Sites are 50/30/20 electric with water, picnic table and fire ring.  Many sites have a tent pad, are very level packed gravel/sand and well situated with very few having very close neighbors.  Shade is at a premium on some sites due to cutting of pine trees a couple of years ago but almost all are waterfront with an excellent view.  Some sites have direct access to the water allowing boats right at the site and swimming.  The swimming beach is very nice and well maintained as are the playgrounds.  Three bath houses are convenient to all loops, well maintained and clean.  Cell service is very good as is over the air TV with numerous channels available.  The dump station is easy in/out.  Sites 10 through 40 have awesome views of Lake Hartwell.

A hidden gem!

This campground sets on a peninsula into Lake Keowee and offers gorgeous views of the lake and mountains in the distance.  While possible for big rigs, it can be a challenge in some areas.  The sites are mostly in the 30-35 foot range and most are back in, fairly level and offer 30/20 electric and water.  Picnic tables and fire rings are on the sites, but unfortunately most of the sites do not offer a lot of usable area around the site.  A few sites near the boat ramp are unparalleled in their view of the lake and mountains and reservation planning is a must if these are wanted.  Being far out in the country the cell service isn't so good and according to where you are even over the air TV is spotty.  A nice boat ramp and swimming beach are available, as are bath houses centrally located.  The camp store was closed due to Covid when we stayed, but there are kayak and canoe rentals.  The dump station was easily accessed and very clean. There are cabins, but we did not look at them.  All in all, this is a very nice campground for families or couples wanting a getaway.

Beautiful campground with waterfront sites!

This is a well kept campground with all of the sites right on the water.  Many are pull through and while there are a few smaller sites most will handle a 40' rig.  There are three bathhouses with showers around the campground and one bathroom with flush toilets but no showers.  Roads are wide, well kept, and easy to navigate.  Sites have 50/30/20 amp electric service and water, pads are level packed gravel, each having a picnic table and fire ring.  Many sites offer direct water access right in front of the site and are kept clear so swimming next to site is outstanding.  Cell phone service is very good and over the air TV offers about 10-12 channels.  Most sites have nice shade, but some are full sun.  There is no camp store, however a Dollar General is about five miles away.  Accessible from I-85 via SC State Hwy 24, about 10 miles.  Excellent campground, our go to place since we live about 30 minutes away.  Best campsites are 3, 14, 57, 58, 69 & 70.

Very nice, secluded area.

Our first camping, and in December, no less. Few campers, but spacious sites. I collect local fallen tree limbs to burn. Lots of them around! Great hiking trails, but most bike trails closed because of a bridge failure. I would return in an instant.

Better than Thought

Easy access from I26. Spent a week here and really enjoying it. Has 21 spots. All have legal gravel pads, fire rings with grill bars. Vault toilets clean and trash containers serviced. Within good driving distance to larger towns. Access for bigger rigs too. Ranger Bob was here and talked to him. Real nice and informative. 5.00 to me is great for the peace and quiet. Arrived after hunting season, informed was busy then. 4 or 5 come and go.