Rural Hall , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Rural Hall Camping Reviews
In the shadow of the Great Guide.

Overall this is on the keeper list. I found this campsite on line looking for places to stay while hiking sections of the MST. Took a shot and was very pleased with the result.

The first thing to note is that there are new, larger, spaces in the works closer to the entrance with (what looks to me like) sewer hookups. It is good to know that the owners are making improvements and it might be different when you get here.

I stayed in the wooded lots and these are definitely for tents or small trailers. The spots are nice, if not perfectly level and a little close together. Of course that is really only a problem if you have noisy neighbors, which I didn't. The campground looked full over the weekend but wasn't overly noisy. I attribute that also to the beautiful large open fields where all the all the children ran free.

The bath house was very similar to the standard state park setup. It is a cinder block building with a few shower stalls, toilet stalls and sinks with mirrors. Not fancy but definitely clean and functional.

I would definitely come back again and I recommend this camp ground.

Very Nice Private Campground

We had the opportunity to stay a couple of nights at this campground on our way to the east coast. Wow, getting there was quite a journey over narrow curvy roads but once there it was a nice area. We stayed in a full hookup site 8 on top of a hill overlooking other areas of the park. They have sites for everyone and every type of camping! The grounds are kept mowed and cleaned, ample trash receptacles that are emptied daily and clean bathrooms. The laundry was nice and if you ran low on quarters the campground store would give you quarters in sandwich bags😀. Really enjoyed our stay there and took a day to explore Floyd.

Absolutely beautiful

We came here as our second ever camping trip and it wasn’t exactly what we were expecting but it was definitely an adventure. It was beautiful and quiet and relaxing. The only thing we were not happy about is the insane amount of bugs in the bathroom. But, ya know North Carolina summers.

A really nice place

We stayed at the Stone Mountain campground 5 nights/6 days, and enjoyed every minute of it. There aren’t many trees between the RV/full hook up sites, but they’re far enough apart that you don’t feel like you’re on top of your neighbor. There is a gorgeous little creek that runs through the middle of the full hook up sites, which made it even more peaceful sitting around the fire at night, and our daughter loved exploring it during the day. The bathhouse was a ways away from our site (53), so we typically rode a bike or drove the truck. This could be problematic for someone with limited mobility, or small children that can’t hold it very long. But it wasn’t really an issue for us. The bathhouse was usually spotless, well stocked with toilet paper, well heated, and not very busy at all. The showers will get pretty warm, which surprised me, and the pressure is pretty good as well. However, you have to push the button down every 10-15 seconds, and the stall is pretty small. They are sufficient for washing off the sweat and dirt from spending a day hiking though. We did a lot of hiking, which is the reason we went. There are a wide assortment of trails, from easy and moderate, all the way to strenuous and advanced. All of them are equally gorgeous, but I highly recommend the loop trail, which takes you by the Stone Mountain falls, then around the base and over the summit of Stone Mountain, and by the Hutchinson homestead. You can also branch off that trail and go to the middle and lower falls, which were also absolutely gorgeous. The summit climb by the Hutchinson homestead is pretty strenuous, but very much worth the views. I’d really recommend taking a blanket and snacks, and resting on the top for a little breather and to take in all that surrounds you. The creek throughout the park is delayed harvest trout waters, which is great for people that enjoy fishing. The creeks are incredibly clear, and so serene. The park doesn’t allow campers to bring in, or harvest their own fire wood, but they do sell bundles at the check in station for $5. The staff was helpful and nice, and the park is very quiet, clean, and family friendly. Keep your eyes open, we saw wild turkey and deer in abundance.

Great place!!

Great spot for tent camping! Loved the hillside spots bc of all the trees and the multiple levels that the spots are on. They are all built out and flat. Bathrooms are clean and campground was quiet. I had issues finding out if pets were allowed… they are! My dog and I had an awesome time and we will be back for sure.

The COE did camping right

Love this campground. Located on the shore of Philpott Resevoir in Bassett, VA. The campground is broken up into three separate loops: a, b and c. Loop a has 19 sites with water and electric hookup. This loop is a little distance from the lake. It has a restroom but no shower house. There is a shower house located closer to loop b. Loop b has 10 non-electric sites. Loop c is located on a peninsula and offers 34 sites, many of which are lake front sites. There is a nice swimming area, boat ramp and dock in the loop. There is also a second shower house located here. Facilities are very nice and kept clean. The sites in this campground are laid out very well.

awful

We stayed At Lake Myers because of the Thousand Trails package we received with the purchase of our travel tailer. We spent 6 nights unfortunately .  This is basically a trailer park.  Packed, old, nasty.  I cannot even understand how it can really be categorized as a campground.  The website pictures are NOT EVEN ClOSE to being accurate.  Never again.

Amazing campground & views

Chantilly Farm RV & Tent Campground, Floyd VA

This campground is amazing and a true hidden gem. Mike the owner was so nice and accommodating. He even delivered our firewood to our campsite. They have a nice little camp store in case you forget anything. Frisbee golf and cornhole is available too!

We were on top of a hill with other RV’s with gorgeous views and sunsets. The grounds were very well kept and mowed. Trash cans were abundant and bathrooms were decent.

This campground also accommodates tents that are spread out and we even witnessed a sweet wedding in their event space, that had guests with horses!

We will return and stay longer!

Great views... Great hospitality

Love this campground and the owner is very friendly. The online booking is still being tweaked a bit. Beautiful views of Pilot Knob. Great hospitality.

Love this place.

Very close to my home. I hike in to the remote campsite on the lake. Lots of fishermen and trash since the scum can’t seem to pick up after themselves. The cabins here are also great. Clean and nice location. I would suggest the overlook cabin. I generally tent camp and the Point, not many know of this location as it’s a decent hike in. Great place.