About Cartoogechaye Creek Campground
Max Length: 50 ft.
Cartoogechaye Creek Campground is located in North Carolina
1 Review of Cartoogechaye Creek Campground
Quiet and Friendly

I have been here for a month so far and will be staying here till mid December or so. First impression of the campground is the amount of lots taken up by people who either live there or spend many months as residents from Florida and other states escaping the heat. And with many long term residents, the sites can appear a bit run down.

With that being said I pulled in and walked into the office where I met the owner of the campground. He and his wife are both extremely nice and I have hardly ran into him since moving in a month ago so you don't have to worry about them being in your business all of the time.

Once spending a few nights I really began to appreciate how quiet the place is. The residents keep to themselves and aren't loud or anything so its great. The bathhouse is very clean and while I can't vouch for the women's restroom, the men's have three toilets and 3 or 4 showers. There is also a laundry room that is open during the camp season.

The campground is mainly set up for campers and RV's with water/sewer and electricity which is what I pulled in. There are a couple of tent sites which consists of a picnic table and a fire ring on a lawn. There are a few cabins available to rent as well.

Around the grounds are pastures where several horses roam and graze and some of the people that live nearby ride throughout so its nice. Kind of adds a homey feeling to the area being next to them.

Behind the campground is a nice river you can walk to. The water is clear and maybe a foot or two deep. I haven't waded to see because it is pretty cold and I haven't had the chance to try and fish it yet.

Overall the campground is a good bang for the buck since it is cheaper than all of the surrounding campgrounds. It is only 6 or 7 miles east of town so that's convenient. This is my first review on here and I will try to update my review as I spend more time here this fall and winter.