About Lake Como Campground

The campground, a.k.a. Lower Como, is a single loop through a stand of mixed pine and fir trees and one of three campgrounds in the Lake Como Recreation Area.  It is located below Lake Como. The understory is grass with good privacy between campsites. Lake Como Lower Campground is paved and features a host site and ten 125' pull through recreational vehicle (RV) sites (with electrical and water hookups) water, and garbage services. Three sites are handicap accessible, and there are 4 handicap accessible vault toilets located throughout the campground. This is bear country; practice safe food storage techniques. Lake Como is 913 acres.  The beach is large and sandy. The boat ramp is located at the south side of dam.

National Forest
Lake Como Campground is located in Montana
Directions
From Darby,MT travel north for 4 miles on Highway 93. Turn west (left) onto Lake Como Rd. Follow for 3 miles. Turn north (right) and follow signs to campground.
7 Reviews of Lake Como Campground
Does the trick

After a long day on the lake it's nice to have a cozy spot to come back to. Outhouses with vault toilets, fire ring, picnic table.

Nice sites, mostly tree's, friendly hosts

There are really 4 camp grounds at Lake Como, the lower campground which has hookups such as water and electric, the sites are paved. This campground is usually full, but if you get a spot it's a wonderful campground. Another campground at Lake Como is Three Frogs. This campground doesn't offer any type of hookups, no paved sites. I like this one better then the lower because I feel the sites are more spread out. Neither of these two are overly "buggy" as well. The other two campgrounds at Lake Como are Three Sisters Group Site and the Rock Creek Horse Camp.

Car camping by boat launch

A friend and I car camped at one of the three main camping sites at Lake Como. We stayed at the one just before the boat launch on the other side of the lake from the main beach area. We were pleased by the lack of bugs! We had plenty of room to set up our tent and hammocks. Bathrooms were readily available. I would recommend arriving around 2pm to acquire a spot and communicate with camp site hosts. We loved running the 8 mile trail around the lake in the morning while the beach filled up with day time visitors.

Lake Como Mt

This was one of the best places to stay in Montana, electricity and water was a plus, great sites, lake was pristine!

LAST BEST PLACE #406

I love it everytime I get leave from the navy I go back home and hike and camp everywhere and I haven't hiked any mountain range like the ones in Montana

Take me Back

Lake Como is a dammed river that sits at a high elevation. The loop trail around the lake is around 9 miles, and worth every step. The constant view of mountains and the clear lake are phenomenal. The campgrounds are well maintained. Would recommend to anyone visiting the Bitterroot Valley.