Equestrian
About Nine Eagles State Park
Nine Eagles State Park is located in Iowa
5 Reviews of Nine Eagles State Park
Overall nice park

Nice park, a little run down, but there's a new park ranger in town who is trying to fix it up. New rental cabin almost finished, clean beach, boat ramp and fishing. Clean spacious bathrooms, nice playground for the kids and a really cool equestrian section. No store, no wood so get what you need before you get here.

A quiet getaway

We arrived on Thursday evening. After a short debate we opted to pay the extra money for an electric site - based solely on the fact that the water wasn't turned on in the basic site loop (we later discovered it was also off at the swimming beach).

At a guess the basic sites aren't used much as they seemed less kept than the electric sites. Finding a place to pitch a tent in the electric loop was a challenge but we did find one that had enough level grass. Site 4 - close to the water spigot and a modest walk to the bathroom/showerhouse.

Though it was definitely busier come Friday night not all the sites were full and most seemed to be retired or semi-so with grandkids. No party atmosphere - which is what we happened to be looking for this trip.

A nice, quiet place to spend a weekend away with Amish country store a close distance by.

excellent

Wonderful area for horses. Great trials.

UPDATE: Nine Eagles has some upgrades

Update: I returned to nine eagles this year with our Boy Scout Troop. They have spent some money since I was last here building new pavilions and updating some of the equipment. The group site still doesn't have restroom facilities but it is not to far to walk to a bathroom. The grounds are well kept and the camp host is really friendly. This campground remains a solid four stars. I highly recommend it.

Nine Eagles - Youth Campground

Nine Eagles is near Lamoni, Iowa near the Iowa-Missouri border right off of Interstate 35. I camped here with my son and his Boy Scout troop in the youth group part of the campground. I can't speak for the rest of the park's camping facilities, but the youth group site is a large open space surrounded by tall trees. The grass is well maintained and the campsite is clean and beautiful. There are not any bathroom facilities at the campsite which is why I give it four instead of five stars, but the park is beautiful and a peaceful place to camp. I wish I would have had my camera with me to take some pictures to share.