The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Birmingham Road Estates , GEORGIA

Top Equestrian Campgrounds near Birmingham Road Estates Georgia

Most Recent Birmingham Road Estates Camping Reviews
Peaceful wonderland

This campground is easy to access off the I-75. With some shopping close if the case is needed. The grounds are clean and the beach accesses to the lake are very friendly. The security is adequate, many trials for hiking and the boating entrances are several. There are new cabins being built, with other vintage ones also available. A wonderful place to spend a few days to week at.

Beautiful Campground

This is a beautiful campground. As others have mentioned, the roads to get to the sites are narrow and windy. We have a 21’ van and we didn’t have any issues, but I was very glad we got to our site during the daylight. I would not want to drive the roads after dark. We stayed in a primitive site (51) so we could have more privacy and better views. Site 51 does not disappoint! Keep in mind there are no hookups at this site, and anything longer than our van may have trouble backing into the site. This would be an amazing tent site! From a practical standpoint, you will need to buy a parking pass - even though I received an email telling me I could go directly to my site and check in by phone, they wouldn’t let me buy a pass on the phone so I had to head back out to the park store to buy a pass. Other than that, great park.

Beautiful lake and campground

Red Top Mountain State Park campground was awesome. The sites were fairly large, wooded and private. Many were positioned right on the lake. The trails in the park were great for hiking and running. We enjoyed visiting the Qualusi Winery that was nearby.

Go to Camping near Atl.

This is our go to campground near Atlanta, GA. It's a big place so things can get crowded depending on the season. Lots of the sites are right on the water & the ones more inland have power & serval are arranged perfectly for groups. Bathrooms are decent, not the best, not the worst.

Spacious and beautiful

We had a great time when we stayed here in October. The campsites were very spacious in our area (we had #90) and it was close to the bathrooms and playground. We came with children and enjoyed the walk down to the lake, as well as hiking trails. There was plenty to do, and the sites were big enough for two tents and a giant canopy over the picnic table for the rains. It rained a great deal one night, and the site did not flood. We will definitely be back!

Beautiful Park

Campground was very pretty and well spaced. Bathrooms could have been cleaner. The spot we reserved(69) was not a good spot for a camper, but would’ve been great for a tent only. It was narrow and on a steep hill.

Beautiful!!

The campsite is very clean and super comfortable. Bathroom is well kept. Several trails are just around the campsites. Easy to access. Would love to visit again in the future.

Great family spot

I have always Lao Ed this little camp ground. My kids use to love it when the were smaller. Lots of woods and many different types of spots.

Georgia State Parks Rock!

Having only two nights here left a great impression. One of F D Roosevelt’s Civilian Conservation Corps masterworks so important to this parks existence that they have a museum on site describing in great detail the transformation of this particular valley. As with all of the Ga. state parks I’ve had the pleasure to visit the campground is immaculate. Lots for the kiddos here with a man made lake and paddle boats and canoes for rent, a miniature golf course, and a creek that runs through the campground that seemed the biggest attraction for a great many of the kids. Hiking trails are exceptional for the adults. We chose a very strenuous trail that delivered on the promise of a beautiful vista looking down on the park and campground. We were there in the last week of July 2019 before Covid so much I describe might be in shutdown mode right now.

Friendly staff, with the Jr ranger program still going with the help of adult campers during covid. Still so much fun and so clean and beautiful!!

Year 2021 Flag