About Letts Lake Campground

The main feature of the area is a 35-acre lake for non-motorized vessels, trout fishing and swimming. A one-mile trail leads along the lake shore. There are accessible restrooms and a popular fully-accessible fishing pier.

Price
$12.00
National Forest
Letts Lake Campground is located in California
Directions
Located 19 miles west of Stonyford. Lat - 39° 18' 10.238399", Long - 122° 42' 27.6948"
3 Reviews of Letts Lake Campground
Amazing camping right on the lake

Luckily we were the only ones there as the camp sites are pretty close. Definitely worth the trip!

Off-Season Camping on Letts Lake

I visited this campground during the off-season. Therefore, there was no one else at the campground, but I have heard that this is a very popular place to camp during the summer months.

The campground does not offer very much privacy between sites, but is right on Letts Lake, offering great views. There is an easy trail that surrounds the lake, but the surrounding area offers a wide variety of hiking. There are also many trails for ATVs. The campground has two pit toilets as well. Each site has a table and a fire pit. The paved drives for each site are moderate in length.

During summer months the area gets fairly warm. During off-season camping, I experienced temperatures between 26-34 F. Although it was a chilly camping experience, it was one I won't soon forget!

Worth the Drive

I always worry when I can't make a campground reservation ahead of time, but showing up on a Friday proved to be no problem. We secured two campsites with friends almost touching the water. Plenty of trees offered great hammocking, and the small lake was great for swimming. The trail looping the lake was a nice quick hike. One downside to this campground is the road driving in, which is bumpy dirt for about an hour. It is not impassable, though, as our friends were able to make the drive in their Prius. The landscape was breathtaking and the lake campground was much cooler in temperature than the surrounding area. The ATVers were not in our area at all. This was a lovely campground that I hope to visit again soon!