About Bertha Creek Campground

Bertha Creek Campground is open. Beginning May 18, 2019 fees will be charged and services available.

During the off-season there is no water, no trash service, and no fees.  Please pack out all garbage. Outhouse/toilet facilities may be unavailable.

A small loop campground with 12 sites suitable for vehicle camping, small RV's and tents, located at MP 65.4 of the Seward Highway. $14/night

National Forest
Bertha Creek Campground is located in Alaska
3 Reviews of Bertha Creek Campground
Easy, breezy, beautiful

This section along Turnagain Pass is one of my favorites to drive, and Betha Creek Campground is right alongside it- I would imagine many don't even realize it's there! We got a campsite and slept in the VW Vanagon for the night, but enjoyed the firepit, the nearby creek, and walking around the peaceful and beautiful grounds. It was very accessible and made for a simple, easy weekend getaway.

Great view!

Small campground on the Kenai Peninsula. We've stayed here and at the nearby Granite Creek (one of my favorites) when we wanted a place to tent camp while we fished the Russian for salmon. You can fish both Bertha and Granite Creeks, but not for Salmon.

Sites are well-spaced and come with the standard Chugach National National Forest amenities: fire pit, picnic table, garbage, water pump, pit toilets. Unlike Granite Creek, you cannot reserve sites in advance, but this is a smaller and lesser known campground and often I have found a space here when others are full.

Be bear-safe and be sure to lock up all your food and toothpaste when away from your campsite.

AMAZING trip - Chugach National Forest