Let's introduce ourselves!

Hi! I’m Gustavo from Napa, California.

I love to backpack, camp, trail run and everything under the sun! Hoping to get new camping ideas and recommendations in California.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum!!

2 Likes

Hey y’all. My name is Chris and my wife and I go camping with our 8 year old daughter and 6 year old son as much as we can. We mainly tent/car camp. We still to Texas (cause I have a state park pass) with our campouts. When I go out solo or with buddies, we go a little bit more primitive and hike.

3 Likes

Hi there. My name is Cliff, but prefer to use the screen name. I’m one year retired, travel using a 5th wheel. I’m single and travel with my dog Zeus. Camping for me pretty much consists of move from one Thousand Trails Park (or Encore park) to the next, staying 2 to 3 weeks at a time (membership limitations). I own a home in Virginia that is rented out, and I’m currently at a TT Park only an hour from that home. Image below shows my Ford truck, I still have that but it has a blown motor…

I’m a “Senior Moderator” at rvitch.com, been a member there pretty much since they opened it in 2002. I’ve also written a few articles as a Staff Writer for Pop-Up Times Magazine a number of years ago, but haven’t submitted anything in a long time now.

8 Likes

Another Go owner in the wild??? Say what!

1 Like

I am Brandon…RV camp in the past but venturing more towards car camping these days. From NC and love to travel. Favorite camp/adventure has been Yosemite and many a site in Colorado!

4 Likes

Hi, I’m Melissa. I currently live in colorado but I’m moving in a month to Wyoming but will end up semi homeless for a few months. I’m a teacher so my summers are my adventure time. We typically travel and camp along the way but do goncaming wherever we find a cool spot. We really like camping in Moab but will be exploring many more options in the big horn mountains of wyoming. We slept in a tent and it’s often just me and my boys. This year my dog will have to join us.

6 Likes

Haha, not really. My wife and I were fortunate back in 2017 to go on a 15 day road trip with the GO, and review it, other products and campsites. We were able to work with TheDyrt and they had a blog series that followed it:

14-Day Road Trip blog post

We were pretty blessed!

4 Likes

Howdy from Central CA! My name is Patrick and my wife, terrier mix & I love tent camping! We typically stay in campgrounds, but sometimes go off site for that old school experience. We love spending time in the Sierras (lots of YOSE & SEKI) and at the coast (Morro Bay up to Bodega). We also enjoy hiking & fishing.
Happy camping & stay safe, y’all!

7 Likes

Aloha~ We’re a family of three. Mea, Agustin and our 9 year old daughter Naia. We live on Kauai most of the year but spend June-Sept at our magical campground in Southern Oregon called Cedar Bloom. We have 100 acres of forest with a mile of the pristine Illinois River that runs through it. We acquired the land for a large women gathering we host each June called Spirit Weavers. We host campers from all over the globe! We have A-frame cabins, a dome, and open camping options. The land has two gorgeous shower houses, a sauna and a large communal kitchen. We hope to welcome you to the land on your next adventure! You can find us here: https://thedyrt.com/camping/oregon/cedar-bloom

9 Likes

Hi there! I’m Kaden.
I am an environmental geologist living in the San Francisco Bay Area, and hail from Savannah, Georgia.
I enjoy tent camping, backpacking, car camping (Jeepsleepin’), hiking, paddling, caving, fishing, and biking.
Dog is my copilot, so the pupper always comes along!
I still feel like I’ve only just scratched the surface with exploring California, so tips there are appreciated. I also lived in Arizona for 10 years and lead outdoor recreation trips for ASU in N. Az and S. Utah, so I have some knowledge of the Colorado Plateau.

My Mariposa pup at Caples Lake, CA in the Sierra south of Tahoe.

South Rim, Grand Canyon, AZ by sunset.

7 Likes

I remember when you won the Go! So fun.

2 Likes

Hello, all! I’m Gary. My wife Cindy & I are avid, active outdoor enthusiasts. Hike, bike, ski, snowshoe, horses, travel, explore, photography…you get the picture. Our primary travel/camp rig is a Roadtrek 210 (class B motorhome – van conversion), and it even tows our horses (and dogs) to camp. We live outside Spokane, WA. We’d love to share our adventure, and learn from the community!

6 Likes

Hey I’m Thomas. I have lived in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado for over 10 years. I’m an avid outdoorsman, ski/board, hike, bike, backpack, SUP + love being outside.
Love camping any style. Car, backpack, pull behind, cabin & if there is a hot spring around EVEN BETTER!!

6 Likes

Yesss! The nice part of Elements is that you can do an expensive conversion OR you can just lay all the seats flat. It’s just me camping in mine so I take off the headrest and lay the passenger side seats down flat, have a memory foam mattress pad and good sleeping bag. I sleep great and can stretch out completely!

4 Likes

Hi! I’m Delaney! Avid hiker and explorer in Washington state. I travel with my husband and our lab, Charlie. We like to car camp, or bring a small tear drop trailer and occasionally we do some backpacking.

4 Likes

I am Celina. I just love the outdoors however it comes. I spend as much time as I can backpacking in the high mountains of Northern NM and Southern Colorado. I am also known for packing my three kids and whatever tent-camping gear can fit into the back of our minivan for camping road trips that stretch across 6 continuous weeks and over thousands of miles. We’ve camped in almost every one of the lower 48, and many National Parks. It’s been so wonderful to be able to get to know people from all over the country.

6 Likes

My name is Mike! My family and I are from NY, but spend a lot of time in South Asia (especially India) for my studies in Ethnomusicology (like Musical Anthropology).

We LOVE canoeing too, so our camping ventures are often in places where we can paddle too. And have had some GREAT roadtrips! Last year, drove from NY to TX, camping a LOT there and back (drive for 6 hours, stop and camp! Drive for 6 hours, stop and camp! etc). What fun!

4 Likes

Hello Dyrt, My name is Fred, but people call me Arizona, as I lived there for a very long time. I am more a fast pack, through-hike, tent camper. Backpacked literally the entire state of Arizona, half of Utah, New Mexico. and So Cal. Live in Northern Colorado now, bagged a few 14er’s. Trail run and mtn bike daily. Always up for new adventures, not sure when I can camp this summer, but already planning for possibility!!

4 Likes

I’m Rachel. I live full-time in my RV with my husband Bob and two senior cats (Willow and Cleo). Technically, our domicile is in Livingston, TX (home of the Escapees RV Club), but we live full-time on the road. That’s why my campground reviews span multiple states.

I’m a travel and landscape photographer, while my husband is a videographer. We travel in an almost 40’ Class A motorhome, and tow a 2 door Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. We post on our Instagram (Instagram.com/chasethebluedot) and our blog (chasethebluedot.com).

5 Likes