Let's introduce ourselves!

Hi, I’m Sally - the owner of a really special RV park and store in Bowie TX.

We only have 23 spots but have plenty available right now due to the restrictions on travel people have been unable to come to us.

We are looking for as many FT campers as possible.

We are situated across the road from Lake Amon Carter. Excellent fishing, kayaking, swimming, paddleboarding etc.

We have a great restaurant and store on site with the friendliest manager in TX.

Please come by and say hello

5 Likes

Hi! I’m Sara. We have a home base in New Jersey and a 1988 Dodge campervan called Camper Dan. It’s one of those super creepy vans that you warn your kids about approaching. We’ve completed two circuits of the US/Canada: one over 3 months in 2014 and another 4 months in 2016. But, we’ve learned a lot since then and look forward to round 3 in the future.

We love to travel and last year we purchased a Toyota Hiace campervan in New Zealand and have been in NZ since January. Enjoyed the first two months on the road before, much like the rest of the world, having to self-isolate (currently in a rural Airbnb). We’re looking forward to getting back on the road some day!

Photos on Instagram: @tripoverlife
Travelogue: www.tripoverlife.com

10 Likes

I’m Jackie. Lived in Oklahoma all my life. I have way too many vintage campers and vintage tent trailers. I mostly camp in Oklahoma, but have crossed the state line into Texas a couple of times. I have a camping trip to the beach (Port Aransas) planned for September 2020.

A friend and I also have a camping group with mostly vintage campers, but we let anyone who wants to camp with us do so and host the Land Run Rally in Choctaw, Oklahoma every April. We’ve postponed to the first weekend in June this year.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

2 Likes

Hello my name is Chad and I live in west central Ohio. My wife, 2 boys and I started camping in August of 2018. We own a 2015 Sportsman Classic Hybrid camper. We have stayed within an hour of our home because we have towed with a minivan. As of two weeks ago however we upgraded to a 2017 Ford F-150 so we will not have any towing restrictions. We have also added a third kid to the mix this year so we’ll see how that goes. Great to be on this forum and look to learning tips and tricks. Have been binge watching lots of full time vlogs (keep your daydream is my favorite).

6 Likes

My name is Sarah and I’m originally from Minnesota but now live in Portland with my husband, Kevin, and spoiled doggie, Brandy. Love to camp along the Clackamas River in Oregon and along the coast. Here is a photo of one of the campgrounds along the river taken in 2013. If you look closely, you will see the beginnings of The Dyrt being thought through on those pieces of paper on the picnic table. We’ve come a long way since then but this is where it all started…

6 Likes

Hi y’all!

I’m Cate from Kansas! We live just outside Kansas City, so we frequent MO and KS state parks. We started off as tent campers, camped for a while in our Honda Element, but now we are proud pop up owners! Purchased our first pop up last summer (with our new baby!). We love being outdoors as much as we can!!

2 Likes

I’m Justin. Born in raised in the Sandhills of Nebraska on the edge of the largest man made forest. It set the tone for my love of camping and learning about the great outdoors. Growing up on horseback moving cattle fed my love of being outdoors and taking in the views. Now living in Omaha I don’t get out as much but still take the family all over, from the Grand Canyon to the Smokey Mountains, and from Lake Superiors North shore to the Omari’s. We’ve pulled a pop-up camper behind our mini van to tent camping. I enjoy kayaking the Nebraska rivers as well.

4 Likes

Tim here, in Ohio, but spent 40 years around Sacramento. Came back to Ohio after retiring and have an old motorhome to go to some bucket list destinations and racetracks.

2 Likes

Gary & Marilyn from the St. Louis area. I am 73 and been camping since I was 6 months old. Mom & dad started me young. When I married, my wife took right to it. We went from tarp, hatchet & rope to our 22foot Class B+ RV (Bob).
Planned to do more traveling after retirement, but health & family matters put a bit of a damper on it.
Haven’t been out west much, but hope to change that in the near future.
Not much on private parks, nor boondocking. State, federal, COE and county parks are our favorite. We tend consider our selves more of a camper than a RVer.
Hope to be a part of this community and give reviews that will help others as I learn as much as I can.
thank you

5 Likes

I am Robert originally from the formerly great state of New Jersey but happily found a home in North Georgia. I have been a backpacker hunting fly fishing streams run the North East growing up and now I have had a trailer for the past 2 years with my wife and dogs.

Pictures are from Ft. Mountain State Park in Chatsworth GA. April 2020

3 Likes

My name is Richard and my wife is Melissa. I’ve been a long time camper with my sons in Boy Scouts (Now Scouts BSA) but in May 2018 we purchased our first travel trailer, a 2014 Jayco 32TSBH. We loved it and had it about a year and half before it was totaled by a low bridge (unmarked). We recently upgraded to a Open Range 310BHS and can’t wait for things to open back up so we can take it out on a maiden voyage.

Since we’re mostly on lock down we have taken advantage of it and have been very busy working on upgrades:

• Progressive EMS
  • Vent covers on all 3 vents
  • TV upgrade (32 -> 43 inch)
  • Furrion Rear Camera
  • TPMS
  • Bluetooth leveling sensor
  • Battery capacity monitor since we have a residential fridge

We like to stay both at destination type RV parks and state/federals parks and explore nearby towns and attractions.

The Jayco:

The new Open Range:

3 Likes

Hi,
I am a teacher in SC and my husband and I have a pop-up. We have traveled many times out to CO just living in the pop-up all summer. We don’t need electricity and are willing to go off-road. We never make reservations. Somehow, we are just lucky.
Keeping life simple.

2 Likes

Hi, I am Robyn from the Philly suburbs. We are youthful seniors, and have camped all our lives. In tents and now in our 25’ RV.
We love state and national parks, hiking, biking and kayaking. We tow our Jeep with the kayaks on top. Fave places are anywhere near water, mountains, and space. Last trip was down to Florida in January, Everglades.
Love to cook outside, and set up a peaceful camp. No TV for us, just music!

5 Likes

Greetings, I’m Geoff
Live in Western NY, I’ve done it all, car camping, some RV backpacking etc, did 14yrs camping with the BSA as a Cubmaster and Scoutmaster.
Now I currently am a hammock camper, love to be near water, off the grid when I can, although my wife needs some creature comforts!

4 Likes

What up everyone
My Name is Pedro I’m one part of my little family of 5
Joana my wife
Zayn my 3 year old
Zachary the new born
And Finally Duggee our 1.5 year old pup

We are from Long Island NY we love the outdoors from upstate camping to beach days.

We are tent campers we have only camped around our region but hoping to go further out as the kids get older.

This year we set up our suv to do more beach outings since it’s a bit easier with the new born. And hopefully we can all get back out the and enjoy camping…

Stay safe everyone

5 Likes

Hi Everyone! I just joined the forums today. I am a car camper that lives in Northern Virginia. Someday I hope to be a packraft camper, but I am not that adventurous yet.

Hopefully we can meet in person after the lockdown is over!

2 Likes

Hey y’all, Rob here. I live in central VA and am a frequent visitor to the parks around here, most notably Shenandoah NP and Washington National Forest. Mainly a car camper but I have designs on a backpacking trip to Spy Rock sometime this summer. Also have a harebrained scheme to hike the entire Virginia section of the AT while my knees still work!

3 Likes

This is my son and I in NY at Watkins Glenn Falls. We live in Virginia and mostly camp there but we are looking to branch out a little farther this year if possible. Our goal is a long camping vacation in Yellow Stone National Park :slight_smile: Right now we are tent campers in a Napier tent that attaches to the back of our truck which gives us double the usable space. We are hoping to also get in motorcycle trips and possibly some backpacking! I love seeing all the great pictures, camping set ups and posts!
https://parks.ny.gov/parks/142/

2 Likes
  • about - love the outdoors, own a small guide company in central Florida where I guide camping, hiking, backpacking, kayaking adventures and more
  • how you camp - any which way I can!
  • where you’re from Kathleen, Florida - about 45 min from Tampa and Orlando
  • and an (optional) photo from a camping trip:
2 Likes

Hello, my name is Frank but all my friends call me Dirty. I live in Tallahassee, Florida and I retired in 2015. I have jumped on the Overlanding bandwagon with both feet. I have a 2018 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 with an Alu-Cab Canopy Camper. Hopefully this coming September I spend the month in Utah exploring the National Parks and some of the amazing trails there. I’m looking forward to learning a lot and sharing experiences with you all.

4 Likes