**Ranger Review: Midland Radios at Anthony Lakes Campground Review: **
This is my favorite place in Oregon. It’s vast and quaint- everything that you would imagine from a 7,000 elevation retreat! We arrived a couple of days prior to when the site was officially supposed to open (July 1- depending on snow) so, we ended up staying in the Anthony Lakes Ski Area parking lot. A combination of snow and mud prevented anyone from using the official campsites but that didn’t stop a handful of people from camping and fishing nearby. During our three-day stay, we had snow, rain, and sunshine. It was wonderful!
Top reasons I love this campground:
- The Wallowa-Whitman stunning views; including Gunsight Mountian and the Elkhorn Range.
- Clean, clear lakes (Lilypad Lake is great for flyfishing)
- Secluded Amazing hiking
Product Review: As a Ranger for The Dyrt, occasionally I get to test products. At this campground, I tested the Midland Radios X-Talker Extreme Dual Pack T77VP5. Being in a vast wooded area, I was thrilled to have radios that worked well and could be easily charged with a USB cord and a power block. Lightweight and easy to attach to a backpack or belt.
- Good value(price for product); two radios, soft-shell carrying case, earpieces, charging station, USB car charger, USB wall plug-in charger, rapid rechargeable batteries, 36-channels.
- Range of up to 38 miles!
- Sounds great and keeps a charge.
- Cons: The charging station is plastic and feels inexpensive Overall, I give the Midland Radio X-Talker Extreme Dual Pack T77VP5 five stars. It delivers exactly what it says it does. It’s a great value and a product worth having to keep you in communication with others during your outdoor adventures!