Jordan Lake State Recreation Area - Parkers Creek
Stuart K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2021

Stellar Campground @ Jordan Lake SRA - Parker's Creek

I could barely believe that we're only 20 or so minutes away from a large city like Raleigh and we are able to access such amazing natural beauty so easily.  For most of my camping life, I'm used to spending hours on a road (often winding, bumpy and war-torn!) before making it to our ultimate camping destination - so Parker's Creek was a real treat.

Here, just like so many of the great state parks in North Carolina, I found an exceptional well-taken care of chunk of nature, where the campground has been perfectly carved INTO nature, and this particular area of well-appointed campsites are nothing short of spectacular, especially if you get as lucky as we did in booking this site.  Perhaps because we were in shoulder season, we didn't experience the herds of other campers - in fact, for the most part, we felt like we had the place to ourselves.

All of the basic amenities are here - picnic table, fire ring, running water and hot showers, restroom facilities.  And oh, like everything's just about new or recently refurbished.  Add this to the excellent views, I don't know that it gets better than waking up after a great night underneath the stars (and a full moon) and going for a nice dip in Lake Jordan before all the boating and fishing crowds mob the lake's water.  This and the hiking trails around, were simply fantastic.  I can't wait to return soon!

Happy Camping

• The iconic roadside signs you find at most NC State Parks
  • Fairly amazing restroom and shower facilities (this one is ADA)
  • Incredibly clean bathrooms
  • Most sites here have nice level platforms surrounded by wood rails w/ picnic table, fire ring, running water and garbage pole
  • Wide view of a standard site - really great privacy and incredibly well-kept
  • Our campsite for the night - just look at that water view against the treelike!
  • Good 'ol #34 - we won't ever forget you!
  • We had really great sun for most of the day, of course with the fantastic views of Lake Jordan
  • Here's a 180 degree view of our campsite #34