Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 32 ft.
French Broad River Campground is located in North Carolina
15 Reviews of French Broad River Campground
This is a hidden gem!

I think if I could, I would stay here forever. Sites are by the river! It’s gorgeous! Peaceful and quiet as well. The only downside for some of you would be the acceptable size of RV/motorhome. We have a 28’ TT, I believe that is about the limit. Reservations are made by phone, very affordable. Oh, did I forget to say it’s full hook ups? :)

Great River Camping

I was a bit worried based on some reviews but we found it charming. There are a few really run down looking full timers but we were lucky not to be next to one. River view is amazing and tubing was fun. Overall, great spot if you are good with limited amenities.

Great location

super easy to get to and tent spots are right on the water. Fair for the price with electric and water at your site. Bathrooms were just okay. I will definitely be back

Such wasted land that could be amazing if cared for properly.

I was so pleased with the reviews & photos I saw here on the Dyrt.. and then so let down with the reality.  The site we were assigned upon arrival was right next door to a "resident" fifth wheel that appears to have been there since the campground opened, and two sites down from that is another just like it.  Moldy, dirty, moss was dripping from every orafice of both RVs.  A smell, something like a couch that has been chain-smoked on for 30 years, eminated from the one beside us, especially when the sun came out.  Aside from that, our site was small, had a concrete "patio" that had this crazy rickety black iron fence around it that is DEFinitely a hazard - if leaned against, it would have just fallen right over.  The picnic table wasn't even really on our site, as far as I could tell.  It was mostly rotten and was closer to the Breaking Bad RV than it was to our site.  Were we just supposed to move it?  Who really knows.  The bathrooms were just okay, I guess.  There was only one in the area where we were near 20 RV sites, and there was a sign on the door that said, "Mop up after yourself" and there was definitely a mop just sitting there in the bathroom… but the shower had warm water, so… The worst part is that I didn't really feel comfortable letting my kids just roam free at this campground.  Even though the little beach-y area next to the river was pretty to look at, there was glass all over the "sand" and I couldn't let them be barefoot EVER.  Also, the "landscaping" was clearly not taken care of at all. The lesson I learned about private campgrounds - ask if they allow long-term stays and if they do ask what rules & regulations they have around that.  Site did have full hook up that worked fine and my kids enjoyed being near the river.

Beautiful site along the river

The campsite is absolutely beautiful right along the river. Campsites are fairly close together but still have ample space for a large tent. There is a water spicket and electrical socket at each site which is very useful. The only downside to the site is that the bathrooms are small for the size of the campground with only a few tiny stalls and shower. Overall, this was a small issue to deal with for the beauty and convenience of the campground.

Rushing Riverside Retreat

The three days we spent at FOR were great for relaxing, listening to the river and watching the geese glide across the water. It fit the bill for just what we needed last weekend!

Riverside Urban Camping

This campground is minutes from Asheville, offering all urban amenities like nearby grocery, Starbucks, etc for last minute errands.

You share the campground with permanent residents, RV's, and primitive campers. Campsites are relatively flat but a little gravely. Sites are pretty close together but each one has a fire ring and picnic table.

You can't get any close to the water, being right on the French Broad River. Sling up a hammock for serious relaxation.

We enjoyed this campground as a large group and rented out 4 adjacent sites. Dogs are welcome. Firewood can be purchased, but we never saw anyone in the office so I would suggest bringing your own.

Bathrooms are at the front of the park, a 10-minute walk from the primitive sites. Bathrooms are not spotless, but they do the trick.

French Broad River Camping

Nice for a night or two to get away but not be too far a town or necessities. Good for camping with kids too.

Great Little Private Campground!

We Loved This Place! Right on the French Broad River in North Carolina another little hidden treasure. The staff was awesome and the view every morning amazing.

Beautiful stay, refreshing scenery

We have stayed here twice,we have stayed at two side by side lots since there is normally 6 of us. There is fire rings right by the water and river sounds that are so relaxing! A train passes across the river a few times a night, which in our two (2day) stays I Have only heard the whistle blow twice. The bathrooms are fairly small one shower two toilets making it challenging to accommodate all that do stay at the camp ground.

Black Friday Gift: 6 months of FREE PRO camping features. Get Your Gift