About French Broad River Campground
French Broad River Campground is located in North Carolina
10 Reviews of French Broad River Campground
Rushing Riverside Retreat

The three days we spent at FOR were great for relaxing, listening to the river and watching the geese glide across the water. It fit the bill for just what we needed last weekend!

Riverside Urban Camping

This campground is minutes from Asheville, offering all urban amenities like nearby grocery, Starbucks, etc for last minute errands.

You share the campground with permanent residents, RV's, and primitive campers. Campsites are relatively flat but a little gravely. Sites are pretty close together but each one has a fire ring and picnic table.

You can't get any close to the water, being right on the French Broad River. Sling up a hammock for serious relaxation.

We enjoyed this campground as a large group and rented out 4 adjacent sites. Dogs are welcome. Firewood can be purchased, but we never saw anyone in the office so I would suggest bringing your own.

Bathrooms are at the front of the park, a 10-minute walk from the primitive sites. Bathrooms are not spotless, but they do the trick.

French Broad River Camping

Nice for a night or two to get away but not be too far a town or necessities. Good for camping with kids too.

Great Little Private Campground!

We Loved This Place! Right on the French Broad River in North Carolina another little hidden treasure. The staff was awesome and the view every morning amazing.

Beautiful stay, refreshing scenery

We have stayed here twice,we have stayed at two side by side lots since there is normally 6 of us. There is fire rings right by the water and river sounds that are so relaxing! A train passes across the river a few times a night, which in our two (2day) stays I Have only heard the whistle blow twice. The bathrooms are fairly small one shower two toilets making it challenging to accommodate all that do stay at the camp ground.

Relaxing on the French Broad River

Nice small campground right on the French Broad river. We love camping right on the water and here was perfect. The owners very nice, clean grounds and not that far to shopping. Tube rentals available but we brought our own kayaks and took a 5 hour float trip from our campsite!

Car Camping Right on the French Broad River

The is a cool little campground. a mix of RV, Cabins and tent sites. All have power and water. Some campers are more tenants who live there but all are very friendly. You are right on the water which is so beautiful and is a lullaby at night. Also at night the train comes and far off in the distance you see this light coming around the bend across the river and passes right by. it really is a site to see at night with the river as a beautiful accent. Asheville is right down the road with all the river outfitters running there shuttles stacked with tubes. The River District is centered to the arts and is a cool place. Downtown Asheville is just a bit further. That’s a whole other review….

Campsites right on the river!

Had a great time! Campsite right on the river. Management and bath house were just fine. Beautiful place to see fall colors!

Peaceful

We stayed at the French Broad River campground while visiting Hot Springs. So many great things to see and do in this area. Checking in was a breeze and our camping neighbors were super chill.We had one of the few spots right on the river and really enjoyed our weekend.

Ranger Review at French Broad Campground

-CAMPGROUND REVIEW- I was pleasantly surprised when we pulled into this campground. It accomadates to all, without being too showy. There are cabins you can rent and full RV hookup sites as well if that’s what you’re interested in. I was particularly interested in the primitive tent site. This is only a 45 second walk from the provided parking area- and well worth it for the privacy and seclusion. There is one bathroom in the campground- one men’s shower and one woman’s shower. I wouldn’t say it was stellar in cleanliness- but it wasn’t disgusting by any means either. For the tent and primitive sites there are two portable bathrooms- one was better than the other. The guy who runs it is super nice and accommodating- even letting us have a fire with our family in one of the easier to get to camp sitesp so that my grandparents could enjoy a nice campfire.

The campsites were as a whole pretty close together- we went midweek and before their peak season so there wasn’t really anyone else around, but could see it being less than desirable to stay here in the on season. It gets pretty busy in the on season. Would highly recommend the primitive tentsite or site 17 for optimal privacy (especially in the on season.)

-GEAR REVIEW- Being a Ranger for the Dyrt, I get to test out some killer equipment from the best guys out there. This time was no exception. The Renogy Water Filturation system is probably not something I would have ever thought I needed. I’m one of those people who carelessly drinks out of any body of water as long as it seems to be moving fast enough. While I’ve never had any problems in the past- it’s always a stress in the back of my mind. What if I have some kind of parasite living inside me just waiting to come out and kill me? What if on my backpacking trip I drink stream water and end up pooping myself because of contracting giardia? Real worries.

Renogy has changed all this though- because now- I know I’m only getting purified water. This filter easy to use and put together, very minimalistic, and light as a feather. It for sure will simplify my backpacking trips from now on (I usually pack two or three gallons- which as you can imagine gets pretty heavy.) It comes with the purification system, two tubes, a suringe for cleaning out the filter and a few replacement parts. It all fits in its little pouch.

Going to go ahead and give this a 5 star rating. Thanks Renogy! Grab your own here- https://www.renogy.com/renogy-portable-outdoor-water-filter/