About Mt. Lassen / Shingletown KOA
KoA
Mt. Lassen / Shingletown KOA is located in California
4 Reviews of Mt. Lassen / Shingletown KOA
Clean and well run

We spent a full week here and enjoyed it immensely.  Our tent site was large and spacious and even when full, the campground was quiet and peaceful. The hosts were very attentive to the needs of everyone staying there.  We had one night during which a nearby, private property had some dogs that barked all night.  We reported this concern the next morning, after which the hosts contacted the neighboring individuals and the dogs were quite for the remainder of our stay.  The bathrooms and showers were always clean and well maintained.  We will definitely stay there again.

I Love This Campground! Fun, Clean, Lots to Do

I loved this campground! Would go back in a heartbeat. This was the first KOA I've ever stayed in, and I was worried it would be too cheesy/boring (in comparison to the forest/state/national park ones I tend to love), but it was totally fun.

Pros: Lots of clean bathrooms, warm swimming pool, lots to do including a whole forested area with swings, a fort, etc., games, ping pong, decent sized sites. Close to the entrance to Lassen Park.

Cons: Some tent sites were better than others. My favorite tent sites were T6. T7, T8 and especially T13.

Lovely family campground

Very quiet during the week. Staff extremely helpful when our schedule changed. Weather was great and Park not that crowded.

Nice KOA with Pool Next to Lassen

Well-appointed, forested RV and camp/KOA spot near the entry to Lassen National Volcanic Park. The KOA has a wonderful swimming pool, a great outdoor game area, dirt-bike trails for the kids, rope swings, and a fort. Camp sites are nice if not a little small, though many have water and.or electricity available. RV spots are gravel pads but with full hookups available. There are also cabins available.

The main office has a small shop for food and other necessities, laundry facilities and showers available. My one critique is that while is says it has wi-fi, it is incredibly sporty and slow.

The real advantage to this location is it puts you at the doorstep of amazing Lassen, as it’s only 20 minutes away.