Pets Unknown
No WiFi
Kasilof River Special Use Area is located in Alaska
1 Review of Kasilof River Special Use Area
Convenient for dipnetting

Camping is basically anywhere on the beach where you can find a spot (within signposted designated area). It's dispersed. While it was busy, we had no trouble finding a spot that wasn't too crowded. I said the cost is 0-$10 as I don't remember how much we paid. I recall we had a permit that we fixed to our tent, but it was very cheap.

There were about 8 to 10 porta-potties all in a row at the where the beach meets the road. They were disgusting and nearly full. In fact, it has been 2 years since we were down there and that is my biggest memory. Others who frequent the campground bring a tall "privacy" tent with their own portable toileting system- probably a bucket.

A little loud at night with a few raucous drunk people on ATVs. We parked our car in front of our tent as a deterrent. There were no problems, luckily.

It was beautiful, being on the ocean and a short drive or 20 min walk to the popular dipnetting area. And convenient to get up for early morning dipnetting sessions without the crowds. The weather was great but I imagine it would be rough camping on the beach if windy with flying sand everywhere.