Last revised: December 14, 2022
The Dyrt (“we” or “us”) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. The policies below explain how we collect and use your data and information through thedyrt.com (the “website”), mobile applications, social media sites and handles, email, and other online services (our “Services”).
We also include specific disclosures for residents of California.
This policy applies when you interact with our Services. It also applies anywhere it is linked. It does not apply to websites or mobile applications other than the Dyrt’s that may link to the services or be linked to or from the services; please review the privacy policies on those websites and applications directly to understand their privacy practices.
What information we collect
Information you give us
Some of the Services may include features or services that permit you to enter contact information and other information about you. We collect and store any information you enter on our Services. This includes information such as: your name, contact information (such as email address) and demographic information (such as age, education, gender, interests, state and zip code). We may collect your personal information under the following circumstances:
- When you register for a user account on the website;
- When you sign up to receive alerts or emails from us;
- When you confirm a booking or engage in a transaction;
- When you request customer service from us or otherwise communicate with us with service related inquiries;
- When you participate in communities, comment threads and other interactive aspects of the website; or
- In any other instance where you knowingly volunteer your personal information.
Some of this information may be collected by external parties on our behalf. For example, we use a payment processor when you engage in a transaction in connection with one of our Services; the Dyrt does not itself collect or store payment card information.
Information we collect automatically
When you interact with the Services, certain information about your use of our Services is collected automatically. This includes:
- Device information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access our Services, such as IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information;
- Analytics and usage information about your use of the website;
- Additional “traffic data” and log files such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses;
- Information about how you interact with our ads and newsletters, including whether you open or click links in any correspondence; and
- Information that you make available to us on a social media platform (such as by clicking on a social media icon linked from our Services), including your account ID or username and other information included in your posts.
Much of this information is collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, as well as through your web browser or device. We rely on partners to provide many features of our Services using data about your use of our website and online services.
Below is a list of these partners with links to more information about their use of your data and how to exercise your options regarding tracking.
|Analytics, Personalized Advertising||Sumo|
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of the Services may not be available, work, or work as designed. You may also be able to opt out of or block tracking by interacting directly with the other companies who conduct tracking through our Services.
A cookie is a small file that is added to help analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
- Site Operations/Essential Cookies: To enable features that are necessary for providing you the services on our site, such as identifying you being signed in, tracking content views, and remembering your preferences.
- Analytics: To allow us to understand how our services are being used, track site performance, and make improvements.
- Personalized Advertising: To deliver personalized advertising based on your preferences or interests and to measure the effectiveness of ads.
- Social Media: To enable you to access our Services and share content through social networks.
What we do with the information we gather
We only use the information we collect from you in accordance with this policy.
Specifically, the information collected is used to:
- Maintain our internal records;
- Improve our products and services;
- Periodically send promotional emails about new products, services, special offers or other similar information;
- Customize the website according to your interests;
- Provide you with content, products and services you request;
- Upload your content to the website and application as you request;
- Communicate with you about your account, our service or any enhancements or changes to our services, policies and terms and conditions;
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the website and application;
- Deliver tailored advertising on our Services based on your preferences or interests across services and devices and measuring the effectiveness of our ads;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal, and to comply with legal requirements regarding the provision of products and services.
How we share information
We may share this information as follows:
- With the following categories of service providers that we engage to perform functions on our behalf:
- Billing and collection providers, such as payment processors and organizations that assist us in assessing your credit and payment status.
- Auditing and accounting firms.
- Professional services consultants, such as firms that assist with providing legal services, or supplying project-based resources and assistance.
- Advertising, marketing, and analytics services, including entities that analyze the information we collect from or about you to communicate with and advertise to you.
- Security vendors, such as entities that assist with security incident verification and response, service notifications, and fraud prevention.
- IT vendors, such as entities that assist with website design, hosting, and maintenance, data and software storage, and network operation.
- With the following categories of third parties:
- Advertising, marketing, and analytics partners, which are companies involved in advertising for marketing or promotional purposes. These companies may use tracking technologies on our website to collect or receive information from the Services and elsewhere on the internet and use that information to provide measurement services and target ads. While we will not share information that identifies you by name with unaffiliated third parties for their own uses, such other parties may, with sufficient data from other sources, by able to personally identify you.
- Social media platforms, if you choose to link your social media account to our Services.
- With business partners on whose behalf we perform services and who may sell services of interest to you. For example, we perform bookings on behalf of partners and share information with them that is necessary to complete the transaction. If you sign up for Dyrt Deals, we share that information with selected partner brands.
- With authorities or legally authorized representatives, if required to do so by law or if we have the good-faith belief sharing your information is necessary to conform to applicable law;
- With subsidiaries or affiliates;
- To protect our users, website, property or in emergency situations.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Your Options and Rights Regarding Your Information
Please visit the Settings page in your account pane to update your contact information.
You may always opt-out of receiving future e-mail messages and other communications from us. To opt-out, you can send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can learn more about ad serving companies and the options available to limit their collection and use of your information by visiting the websites for the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Initiative. Similarly, you can learn about your options to opt out of mobile app tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings and by resetting the advertiser ID on your Apple or Android device.
Please note that opting out of advertising networks services does not mean that you will not receive advertising while on other websites, nor will it prevent the receipt of interest-based advertising from other companies that do not participate in these programs. It will, however, exclude you from interest-based advertising conducted through participating networks, as provided by their policies and choice mechanisms. If you delete your cookies, you may also delete your opt-out preferences.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.
Your California Privacy Rights
Persons with disabilities may obtain this notice in alternative format upon request by contacting us at email@example.com or calling 844-843-3978.
California Shine the Light
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the website who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of their personal information to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Consumer Privacy Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with rights to receive certain disclosures regarding the collection, use, and sharing of “Personal Information,” as well as rights to know/access, delete, and limit sharing of Personal Information. The CCPA defines “Personal Information” as “information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.” Certain information we collect may be exempt from the CCPA because it is considered public information (i.e., it is made available by a government entity) or covered by a specific federal privacy law, such as the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
To the extent that we collect Personal Information that is subject to the CCPA, that information, our practices, and your rights are described below.
You have the right to be free from discrimination based on your exercise of your CCPA rights.
Right to Notice at Collection Regarding the Categories of Personal Information Collected
You have the right to receive notice of the categories of Personal Information we collect, and the purposes for which those categories of Personal Information will be used. This notice should be provided at or before the time of collection. The categories we use to describe the information are those enumerated in the CCPA.
- Personal Identifiers:
- We collect your name, phone number, and email address when you create an account or complete a transaction. If you choose to create an account, you will also be asked to create a username, and we will assign one or more unique identifiers to your profile. We use this information to provide the Services, respond to your requests, and send information and advertisements to you.
- We collect your social media handle and basic account information when you interact with our Services through social media.
- We collect a unique numerical identifier, assigned to you by a first-party cookie, automatically when you use our Services in order to identify you, provide the Services, keep you logged in to the Services, prevent fraud, and provide you with targeted information and offers.
- We collect payment information when you provide it to us, which may include your credit card number or a bank account number, when you complete a transaction. You have the option to store this information to your account for use in future transactions or to facilitate subscription renewals. We use this information to streamline and facilitate payments and transactions.
- We collect your IP address and Device ID automatically when you use our Services in order to identify you, gauge online activity on our website and application, monitor your use and the effectiveness of online services, applications, and tools, and serve targeted advertisements based on your online activities.
- Protected Classifications: We collect your age in order to comply with laws that restrict collection and disclosure of personal information belonging to minors. We do not collect your gender, racial or ethnic origin, disability status, or sexual orientation.
- Commercial Information: When you engage in a transaction with us, we create records of goods or services purchased or considered, as well as purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies in order to measure the effectiveness of our Services.
- Biometric Information: We do not collect information about your physiological, biological, or behavioral characteristics.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information: We collect information about your browsing history, search history, information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements automatically when you utilize our Services, in order to gauge online activity on our website and application, measure the effectiveness of online services, applications, and tools, and to serve targeted advertisements based on your online activities.
- Geolocation Data: As described above, we collect your IP address automatically when you use our Services. We may be able to determine your general location based on the IP address. When you use the Services for the first time, we may ask for your permission to collect your precise location (e.g., your GPS coordinates). If you allow your device to provide us with this information, we use it to provide and make improvements to our products and services, and to provide recommendations and deliver relevant advertising.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information: We do not collect your photographic or video image unless you provide it to us. We do not collect thermal, olfactory, or similar information about you.
- Professional or employment-related information: We collect information about your current employer and your employment history in order to conduct background and other screening activities if you submit an employment application to us.
- Education information: We collect information about the institutions you have attended and the level of education you have attained in order to conduct background and other screening activities if you submit an employment application to us.
- Inferences drawn to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences or characteristics: We may analyze your actual or likely preferences based on the personal information we collect about you. On some occasions, we may add our observations to your internal profile. We use this information to gauge and develop our marketing activities, measure the appeal and effectiveness of our Services, applications, and tools, and to provide you with targeted information, advertisements, and offers.
We may use any of the categories of information listed above for other business or operational purposes compatible with the context in which the Personal Information was collected.
We also sell some information to third parties, as described below. To opt-out of the sale of your information please email email@example.com with the subject line “Do Not Sell My Information”
Right to Know/Access Information
You have the right to request access to Personal Information collected about you and information regarding the source of that information, the purposes for which we collect it, and the third parties and service providers with whom we share it. You may submit such a request as described below. To protect our customers’ Personal Information, we are required to verify your identify before we can act on your request.
Right to Request Deletion of Information
You have the right to request in certain circumstances that we delete any Personal Information that we have collected directly from you. You may submit such a request as described below. To protect our customers’ Personal Information, we are required to verify your identify before we can act on your request. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request, or why we may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
You may submit a request to exercise your rights to know/access or delete your Personal Information through any one of three means:
- By submitting a request via the web at the form located here.
- By contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not use Personal Information submitted for the purpose of a Consumer Data Request for any purpose other than to effectuate your request.
In order to process your request to know/access or delete Personal Information we collect, disclose, or sell, we must verify your request. We do this by asking you to:
- Provide personal identifiers we can match against information we may have collected from you previously, and confirm your request using the email or telephone number stated in the request; or
- Having you submit your request through the Privacy Page in your account, which will automatically verify your identify and will result in faster processing of your request.
You may authorize another individual or a business registered with the California Secretary of State, called an authorized agent, to make requests on your behalf. We will require the authorized agent and you to each verify your identities.
Right to Opt-Out of Sale of Personal Information to Third Parties
You have the right to opt-out of any sale of your Personal Information by us to third parties.
We sell information to third parties. To “sell” information means to disclose it to a company for monetary or other benefit. A company may be considered a third party either because the purpose of sharing is not an enumerated business purpose under California law, or because our contract does not restrict them from using Personal Information for other purposes.
We sell the following information:
- Personal Identifiers:
- We provide your email address to our advertising and marketing partners.
- We provide your email address, IP address, Device ID, and unique identifier to our analytics, advertising, and marketing partners, and our business partners.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information: We provide information about how you interact with our Services to our analytics, advertising, and marketing partners.
- Geolocation data: We provide your IP address to our analytics, advertising, and marketing partners.
To exercise your right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information, please email us at email@example.com or call us at (971) 266-3695.
Please note that your right to opt-out does not apply to our sharing of Personal Information with service providers, who are parties we engage to perform a function on our behalf and are contractually obligated to use the Personal Information only for that function.
Right to Information Regarding Participation in Data Sharing for Financial Incentives or Price or Service Differences
We offer two types of financial incentives or price or service differences.
- We offer you the opportunity to receive discounts from our brand partners and to participate in sweepstakes. These benefits are available to you if you submit your email address to us (or a service provider operating on our behalf). We may submit your email address to our brand partners, who may contact you with offers of their own products and services.
- We offer you the ability to sign up for Pro membership, which is a paid service. We ask you to submit your contact information, including email address and physical address, to create an account.
When we make your Personal Information available to brand partners, we receive compensation from them. The compensation we receive depends on the partner.
At the time you sign for these benefits, we will ask you for your consent to collect your Personal Information. You may withdraw from these benefits at any time by contacting us using the methods listed in “How to Submit a Request to Exercise Your Rights” above. Please note that if you request deletion of your Personal Information and you have an account with us, we will be forced to close your account because we will be forced to remove the information necessary to maintain that account.
Do Not Track
At this time, we do not honor your browser’s Do Not Track signals.
Additional information about our data collection and sharing practices
We may change our ownership or corporate organization while providing the website and its related services. We may also sell certain assets associated with the website and its related services. As a result, please be aware that in such event we may transfer some or all of your information to a company acquiring all or part of our assets or to another company with which we have merged. Under such circumstances we would, to the extent possible, require the acquiring party to follow the practices described in this policy, as it may be amended from time to time. Nevertheless, we cannot promise that an acquiring company or the merged company will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this policy.