Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 50 ft.
Larrabee is located in Washington
34 Reviews of Larrabee
Furry neighbours!

Nice campground with great views of the water.  Just be aware that it has some nosy raccoon residents who feel very comfortable coming right up to camp to investigate your food situation :)  Nothing bad - just have to be careful not to encourage them

Almost the coast

I think the train issue is worse in the lower campground. We were in the section of the campground that had a hill between us and the train tracks so it wasn’t bad. I didn’t much care for my site and everything in the campground seems scaled for smaller vehicles and campers. The dump site was a tight squeeze. I ended up parking across the front of my site due to the lay of the land. The group next to me was teenage girls “Oh my gosh!!”, who never shut up! And stayed up late, though I didn’t notice them except when I took the dogs out. The woods are AWESOME, deep woods motif. Ferns and moss and the trails were nice. The walk to the beach was under the train track and down the hill. Water shoes suggested. Awesome views , but a lot of “stuff” on the shore. There was a showerhouse but I didn’t use it. Only one for the whole area.

Do you like trains?

If you don't like trains beware. They come all hours of the night and can be startling. It is a nice place if you can get past that. I wasn't able to do much and didn't get to explore. Just passed by to sleep. Not sure if I would go back but I think I'd give it a second chance cause I like trains.

Tranquil Bellingham Camping Spot

Clean campground in the rainforest along Chuckanut Drive. I visited in March and the pay showers were free during the colder months. Super hot showers were a delight. The campground is close to the train tracks and although you can't see them from the campsites, a middle of the night distant train horn will go off. While it's a beautiful forest campground, the campsites are pretty close together and not very private. I found one of a few grassy area sites suitable to pitch a tent, but it seemed to me that most of the sites were intended for small travel travelers as the parking pads looked about 20-30 feet of level pads. I would definitely come back again if I visit Bellingham, mainly because it is just outside town.

Nice spot close to Bellingham

This is a great campsite if you are hoping to be near Bellingham and the Puget Sound.  It gets lots of day use.

Very Civilized Camp

This campground was so nice and clean and was very well maintained. The bathrooms were spotless and the hosts were very friendly. Some really nice spots!

Great little spot

Excellent spot. Biggest downside is the train that runs by. If you’re okay with that, you’ll have quick access to a small beach and local amenities in Bellingham. Sites are large and bathrooms are kept clean and sanitary.

Beautiful Day use + camping

I used to live in Bellingham years ago and had never camped here before. It's only a few miles from town, so you could head in there for a day away from the forest/beach, or you could hike one of the many trails leading to scenic views. Easy beach access, playground for kids, dog friendly. Bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper, the train tracks are right there.

Noisy

There is a train very close to the campground! It didn't bother us, but some might find that useful. We stayed 1 night here. It was pretty nice. Easy walking access to the beach/trails. cool mural tunnel.

Tiny sites, great beach

The good: it's not far from Seattle and we had a great time beach exploring.

The Meh: The trains. They aren't kidding. They are loud and they are all night. The sites themselves are super tiny. One of our groups had to pitch their tent in the parking space.