The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Lo Roy Acres , VIRGINIA

Most Recent Lo Roy Acres Camping Reviews
Beautiful and wild

Me and my boyfriend stayed here during our road trip through VA, we stayed in late January. It was COLD, but I love a camping challenge. We got there in the dark and had no clue what we were walking into. The bathrooms were compostable toilets, the sites were beautifully maintained. On the way we got a personal call that the campground was quite flooded and they recommended different sites. When we woke up it was beautiful! We saw in the early morning a coyote and a great horned owl. We also saw many types of hawks, song birds, and eastern bluebirds! I was amazed by the sheer amount of wildlife. The cabins on the other hand, were breathtaking. They were absolutely beautiful with amazing views. I felt like I was in the midwest! I will 100% return to this campground to just enjoy the park instead of rushing out!

Dark Sky Park with Plenty of Amenities

We have stayed here a couple of times and our family loves it! We have stayed in the cabins here and they are awesome. We stayed in the 2 bedroom cabin. It has a beautiful deck with a picnic table and rocking chairs. The park is part of the Dark Sky Parks Association and if you are into astronomy and stars this is the place to stay. They have miles of trails, a playground, marshland, and it is right on the James River with multiple river access points. The rangers here are very interactive and very helpful. We enjoyed a fire making class followed by s'mores on Friday night and then an owl searching hike on Saturday night. We hiked many miles while here and had a great weekend. I highly recommend this park and can't wait to stay here again.

Great Park!

Another great state park! Lots of areas to explore!

Look at all those stars!

The beat place for star gazing! Just ask for a telescope (free at the store) and stare up at the sky for hours!

We loved this spot!

The store was awesome.

The gift shop was amazing & the park rangers were very helpful.

My 4 yr old spent hours playing with all the little animals the ranger station had.

The pool was PACKED in July and it got SUPER HOT!

Would have been better to bring a trailer or RV at that time of year.

The sites were awesome & the bath house was very clean

NIce Place, Nice Price

Picked for price

Quiet

Enjoyed Blueridge parkway

NIce retreat in SW Virginia

A favorite

Great park, kayaking, hiking. Nice facilities

Beautiful and Secluded

Sites were very clean and well taken care of. There are tons of campsites available but they are spaced out enough to still feel secluded. Great location in relation to several popular trails. Will definitely be returning.

Cabins are nice, tent camping not so much

We’ve been here twice. Once for our anniversary and we stayed in one of the cabins with our dog, and once tent camping. The cabin was reasonably priced and comfortable. They are all grouped together and could be fun for a family reunion or some larger gathering with friends. The tent camping experience was with our kids, and it was a little hard to keep them entertained. The hiking trails were a short distraction, but not long or difficult enough to wear them out.

Fishing right next to your tent

Camping along the river at the Canoe Landing Campground is great in the slower seasons. The sites are pretty close together so I’m sure it would be much more cramped when it’s busy but it’s a beautiful place. And you can fish right off the bank less than 50yards from your tent.

Fishing right next to your tent

Camping along the river is great in the slower seasons. The sites are pretty close together so I’m sure it would be much more cramped when it’s busy but it’s a beautiful place. And you can fish right off the bank less than 50yards from your tent.