The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Forest Hills Estates , VIRGINIA

Most Recent Forest Hills Estates Camping Reviews
Large, level and well spaced.

Some of the largest sites we’ve ever seen in a state park. I don’t believe there is a bad site in the park. We had rabbits grazing at our site too. Shenandoah NP is about a 10 mile drive away.

Great Base to Explore the Area

We followed the signage to the park and took Bull Run Post Office Rd off Lee Hwy. But, then there was a decision point after crossing back over I-66 on whether to turn left at the Shooting Complex sign or go straight. Our RV GPS said turn left, but Waze and Google Maps said go straight so we went straight. This led us straight to the campground where check-in was easy. We then proceeded to pull through site 4 with water& 50 AMP, which was a nice long and spacious site. All the pull through sites along the main road in this area are spacious. There is a really good mix of sites in this large CG from basic tent to FHUs. FHU sites 105, 107, and 117 would be great sites with lots of space into the woods. Most of the uneven numbered sites on that loop are FHUs with most suited for large rigs either as a pull through or really easy parallel to road back-ins. There’s no public Wifi. We got a lot of OTA channels to include the major networks. For phone service, we got 2 bars each on Verizon and AT&T. There is a lot to do at this park to include a disc golf course and water park during summer season. There’s also a camp store that sells some camping supplies; hats, t-shirts, snacks, ice and firewood. This regional park also has a shooting complex that is located near the back of the park. We saw previous reviews complaining about the noise from this shotgun(trap, skeet,& sporting clays) complex. If you are worried about the noise, stay towards the front of the CG where we were and you can hardly hear the range. We enjoyed the multiple marked trails throughout the CG and surrounding area. Interesting that at the bathhouses there was a posting on burn bans until 4:00 PM but this information was not listed on the rules we received at check in? Good base camp to enjoy either the DC area and/or civil war battlefields and historic sites. The campground is tucked deep within Bull Run Park, so you barely hear any road noise. We would definitely stay here again.

Love Prince William Forest

Camped here the first weekend it was open in 2021. Nice campground Bathrooms are clean. Lots of hiking trails.

It’s a no from me.

This place was $30 just to enter and it was super duper packed. We turned around and found a great boondocking site nearby.

Too bad I had to leave

Loved it! I’d love to spend a week here some time. There is no bad site in this campground. Immaculate upkeep. Lots of walking and hiking trails. Verizon has no signal at all, but AT&T was fine. Clean bathrooms, large showers, dump station. Water and electric on site but no sewer connection. Large campsites with picnic table and fire ring.

Amazing Campground!!!

My boyfriend and I stayed at this campground in March of 2021. We went to the area to visit Skyline Drive and Shenandoah National Park.

We stayed in site #11. The sites weren't right on top of each other, but you could definitely see other sites across the road. There were a few that caught my eye for future trips, but this one was lovely enough!!

This is a small campground, which made it feel very homey. All of the campers were so friendly. The camp host was also a joy! Always had a smile on his face. Most of the sites are 60' long and very spacious!!

Dogs are welcomed with open arms at this campsite!! My two doggos had a great time. Just be careful!! One of mine ended up with a thorn in his foot pad.

Will definitely return to this campground in the future!

Nice camp ground

Camp ground is nice. Check in was a breeze. The only drawback is that it is not quite. There is a shooting range in the park. It is on a flight path for DCA. And, I66 is not that far away.

The sites are nicely spread out. My site had a slight slope, but was easily overcome using additional blocks on the low side to get the trailer level.

Yes, I would recommend this camp ground.

Great campground!

We stayed here on the night of December 11, 2020. No problem finding a spot, campground was about half full when we got there around 4pm. The Primitive Camping spots were all taken however, so arrive early if you want one of those. Water and electrical available at all the spots even though it was winter. Bathrooms and showers were nearby and clean. No cell service but the Visitor’s Center has WiFi available. Lots of hiking and mtb trails, although we only did a bit of walking. Campground is maybe 100 yds from the Shenandoah River and it’s beautiful down there.

Great place for a staycation

BR park is absolutely beautiful. So much to do and centered around many historical sites. It’s a gem

Family Friendly and So Much To Do!

Our family stayed here in a cabin on a long weekend trip to DC. This campground was full of stuff to do and we didn't even get to do a lot of it. We stayed in a cabin for 2 nights and had a great time. The campground had a climbing wall on one afternoon. There are miles of trails and my gkids enjoyed the nature scavenger hunt. You even get a prize when you finish. This park has too many amenities to list. They had a campfire complete with s'mores followed by hayrides. Great family friendly campground. We will definitely be going back.