Pets Unknown
About Devils Garden Campground

Devils Garden Campground is located deep within the heart of beautiful Arches National Park in Southeastern Utah, at an elevation of approximately 5200 ft.. The campground is situated among natural sandstone arches and fins and is only 18 miles north of the parks entrance and 23 miles from Moab, Utah.

Natural Features:

The campground is forested with mixed stands of Utah juniper and pinyon pine. Flowering prickly pear cacti, yucca and other desert wildflowers dot the landscape, offering vivid color to the surrounding red rock desert.

Arches National Park has the highest concentration of natural arches in the world. Over 2,500 of these unusual rock formations can be found here. Towering spires, fins and balanced rocks complement the arches, creating a remarkable assortment of landforms in a relatively small area. The park is within an arid, high desert environment with hot summers and cold winters.

Recreation:

Hiking trails are abundant in Arches, including the Broken Arch Trail, a scenic loop with a trailhead conveniently located within the campground. Trails are varied and offer something for everyone, from the easy 0.3-mile loop around Balanced Rock to the steep and strenuous 3-mile round-trip trail to Delicate Arch. Other recreational activities in the park include guided hiking tours of the Fiery Furnace, an off-road vehicle route, road biking and picnicking.

Facilities:

Devils Garden contains 51 campsites that are available for reservation (Including the two group sites and one accessibility site), offering visitors a great opportunity to stay overnight in a unique national park. Roads and parking spurs are paved, allowing smooth access for all types of travelers. A campground host is located on-site. Flush toilets and drinking water are provided, and campsites contain picnic tables and fire rings. The park does not have dump stations, or electric, water, or sewer hook-ups for RVs. There are also no showers.

Nearby Attractions:

Southeastern Utah offers breathtaking scenery, hiking, road and mountain biking opportunities, rafting and scenic driving routes. Canyonlands National Park and Dead Horse Point State Park are within a 45-minute drive of Arches entrance. Moab offers numerous restaurants, shops and museums. The desert around Moab is a mountain bikers dream, with hundreds of miles of slickrock and single-track trails for all riding abilities.

ACTIVITIES

National Park Service
No Market
Devils Garden Campground is located in Arches National Park in Utah
Directions
From I-70, take Exit 182. Travel south for 26 miles to the park entrance. Take the park road 18 miles to Devils Garden. From Moab, take Highway 191 north for 4.5 miles to the park entrance. Take the park road 18 miles to Devils Garden.
55 Reviews of Devils Garden Campground
Breathtaking views

I made the mistake of tent camping in July when I stayed here, and needless to say, the temps were sweltering in both the day and night. This said, I have also yet to stay in such a fantastically magical desert environment. Completed several hikes amongst the plentiful rock formations and witnessed some of the most spectacular sunrises and sunsets.

CLOSED CAMPGROUND / PARK RATING

The campground during my visit was closed, but I was able to enjoy the breathtaking views the rest of my scenic visit offered me. 10/10 would recommend to atleast go and visit it, it is a bit pricey in my opinion if you are just going to go for a few hours, but worth it if you are going to be making a whole day or a few days out of it (it is $30 per car but you are allowed to stay for 7 days as the park doesn’t close, unsure if that includes camping)

Breathtaking!

We enjoyed this campground! We traveled in mid May to Arches National Park and unfortunately encountered quite a bit of rain. The campground itself is situated deep in the park and takes about 20-30 min to drive to from the front gates of the national park. The bathrooms are very clean, although no soap is provided (just hand sanitizer) so bring your own! There is also a dishwashing station which is very convenient. The campground is in a perfect spot in the park to do a lot of the major hiking.

The reason I am providing only four stars is due to the location of our specific campsite number. It is out in the open with no form of shade or protection. If you are wanting some protection from the elements (whether that is rain or sun), I would suggest sites 28-49 as they appear to have some trees and rock formations closer to them.

Overall we enjoyed our time here!

Lovely Peaceful Campground

I loved staying at this campground. Arches National Park was our first stop on a road trip we did last summer. National Parks can often feel a little over crowded, almost like an amusement park, but the Devil’s Garden campground felt nice and secluded and peaceful, away from the crowds and buses. The campsites are nestled in between the amazing rocks that the park is famous for. My boyfriend and I loved watching the sunset from our campsite, which was #7. If you are planning on spending a day or more at Arches, I would definitely recommend staying at Devils Garden, but make sure you plan ahead because they fill up fast. I reserved our spot about 5 or 6 months before our trip.

Horrible Park Service

The horrible park service at Arches and recreation.org have problems. Reservations that cancel and show available as "Walk-In" are not. The rangers sell those cancelled reservations to campers who are already staying at the campground and would like extra days. They discouraged us from trying to be there to get any spots opening the next morning and said they were probably all sold, any of the sites that said first come first serve, on recreation.org. Such a disorganized mess. They dont even keep a tally or list as to what they have sold or to which camper. Claim because of no cell service. But they have radios. And a list of cancelled reservations to sell that morning. Such a BS way of running a camp. Reservations only. Which sell out 6 months in advance and go on sale on a certain day. What a mess Arches NP was. Lines to the highway every day, 30+ min to get into the park, nope. Not my style.

Perfect campground

This spot is incredible. It backs up to some beautiful rocks and the sunrise was to die for. The spots are spread out and nestled between rocks and brush. Quiet, but small campground.

Beautiful campground, flawed administrative system!

This review covers two topics: the campground itself (4 stars) and the reservation/check-in process (1 star - more on that later). The campground itself is quite a drive from the entrance but is very beautiful. Well-maintained but sires vary greatly. Some are narrow pull-throughs; some have beautiful views and generous back-in drives. Good privacy between most sites (but not between 2 and 3). Cell service is spotty (Verizon); sometimes you get two bars and sometimes no service. Bathrooms were generally clean but no garbage can, hooks or soap (hand sanitizer dispensers) and they were serviced regularly during our stay. Solar lights on the path to the amphitheater/bathrooms were helpful. Two hiking trailheads can be accessed directly from the campground. No water spigots but each bathroom had a dishwashing sink which was much appreciated. Now for the flawed administrative system! We had reservations made six months in advance for three nights. We arrived a little after 4pm to find both the admission station and visitor center closed. No problem as we proceeded directly to the campground. There was a sign saying it was full and each site had a reserved placard but with no identifying information. Each night we were there, multiple sites remained empty. There was no camp host or ranger on-site during our entire stay. The only employees we saw were maintenance. Even the visitor center was unaware there was no camp host. Firewood locked up and not able to purchase. Fortunately, everyone was well behaved but it could have been quite a different situation if there had been a problem. Arches is a beautiful park and we are glad we had a good stay but hopefully their system will be overhauled soon!

Beautiful spot

We went in March. They don’t have hookups but it is a beautiful spot to stay in the park.

Amazing! Site 002

Devil's Garden is the most beautiful campground I have stayed at. It is very hard to get a spot, the slots fill within literal seconds of being released. All of the sites are unique and beautiful. This campground is set up so there are no sites backed to each other so you get views behind you, not neighbors! The bathrooms are well kept and have flushing toilets. There are 2 site hosts as the road is fairly long with 52 sites. When we were there the hosts were selling firewood, but the next day they were no longer selling wood in the park so make sure to check ahead. There is no store for other supplies. There is access to a few trails along the end of the of the road in the small loop. This is a fairly long walk if you are at the front of the campground. There is access to trails before the entrance to the campground, which is walkable along the road, but a definetly not close. For the most part the even number campgrounds are backed against red rock formations, the odd numbers are along the canyon side with further reaching views but less protection and privacy, and the highest number campgrounds seemed largest along the back of the loop at the end of the campground. In my experience I was not able to pick the site I wanted because of how quickly they go. I lucked out because I thought our site was the best.

Site 002: This site is the first site past the camp host house. There is a good distance and a very large rock formation between the host and this site. There is no site across the road from this site either, leaving it fairly private on 3 sides. The next site is close but there are several spaces to set up tents. I would say you could fit 3 tents throughout the site. The site is on a hill but the tent areas are fairly flat, although separated from each other. The lowest area was flooded during our stay, as were many areas of the entire campground(and park) from unusually heavy rain. The bathrooms are very close. If I had my pick of sites I would choose the one again.

beautfiul spot

Absolutely stunning spot. Sites had ample space for two tents. Want to come back with more time!