Standard (Tent/RV)
Hike In
Pine Canyon is located in Big Bend National Park in Texas
4 Reviews of Pine Canyon
Amazing Sites

Pine Canyon has a number of well separated campsites (5 I believe) located along the length of the road, running up to the hiking area. Absolutely amazing place, and the site I used during my first trip to Big Bend. It’s accessible to most vehicles, as it’s not that deep in the backcountry, but you may want high clearance. 100% recommended.

Pine canyon 1

Awesome site, didn't see any other people while at camp. Dirt road was not bad going in. Good views up the canyon to the west and of the desert floor to the east.

Big Bend National Park

This is a “primitive” style camp site which means it’s just a flat parking spot with a bear box down in the canyon. BEAUTIFUL views and stars but make sure you bring all your own water. You need to get a permit from the ranger but I think it was free. Our sedan handled the road alright, I’d call ahead if there’s been rain. Waterfall nearby wasn’t impressive when we were there in summer but still a nice place to stay.

Beautiful view, no shade or amenities

Primitive campsites with a wonderful view. Close to amazing forest trail, Pine Canyon. Trees at Pine Canyon (not at campsite) are seriously something else.