About Pace Bend Park - Lake Travis

Look no further for camping near Austin - Pace Bend Park is popular for camping on the cliffs overlooking Lake Travis, swimming on a beach, boating, and exploring the Hill Country beauty with miles of hike, bike, and equestrian trails.

Primitive Camping

Primitive campsites with picnic tables, barbecue grills, fire rings, and plenty of trees for shade and privacy are scattered along the cliffs and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The east and north sides of Pace Bend offer more gentle, sloping shorelines with sandy and gravel beaches, providing easy access to the lake for families with young children and people with disabilities. Numerous primitive campsites can be found among the oak and mesquite trees and all are within a short walk to the lake. Camping on the beach is also permitted.

Please note that primitive camping permits do not include shower privileges. Waterless toilets are available.

Improved Camping

Pace Bend offers 20 improved campsites, with water and electrical hook-ups, showers and restrooms. These sites are all located on the east side of the park just above Levi Cove, within easy walking distance to the lake. They feature plenty of shade trees and flat, grassy areas for tent camping. All sites are back-ins only. Reservations are highly recommended.

Parking is available on site. A maximum of two vehicles may occupy a site.

Price
$15.00 - $20.00
County
RVs and Trailers
Pace Bend Park - Lake Travis is located in Texas
26 Reviews of Pace Bend Park - Lake Travis
Excellent Camping

Super Flat spots! Everything is level and clean! We loved our stay at Pace Bend.

Cliff Jump

My favorite part about this campsite is the ability to cliff jump into a lake. I love the water and this campsite was perfect for me.

Nice spot

This is a nice spot to take advantage of what the lake has to offer. The swimming is nice, and there are some cliffs to jump off of if your into that!

It's definitely better when the lake is more full, so with all the past rain we have been having this season should be a nice time to go camp here.

One of my favorite spots in Texas

Pace Bend is one of my most favorite places to camp in Texas.

Not far from the old (and new!) Backyard (a great place to see live music in the live oak capital of Texas), Pace Bend is a quick drive away. A perfect spot to pitch a bunch of tents, jump off cliffs, swim and barbeque. Maybe 45 minutes from downtown Austin (without traffic).

I won't lie the cliff diving kinda freaks me out. Be careful is all I'm saying!

There are several primitive campsites throughout the park with picnic tables, grills and toilets. Additionally there are 20 RV hook-up type sites that offer running water, electricity, restrooms and showers.

Lake was beautiful, campground decent

Not a lot of shade at our site. Other sites did have trees. Decent length walk to the lake, but beautiful. Saw many birds and some other critters during our stay.

Bare but decent

This park is decent if you like staying around large lakes. There are plenty of camping spots so lots of room. There aren't many large trees, so don't plan on a hammock. It can get a little windy too. We went when Lake Travis was down so it was a long ways to the lake, but it if the lake is full it should be good. We stayed on a Thursday in the fall and we didn't see anyone else the whole time.