Standard (Tent/RV)

Pull-Through Sites
Max Length: 45 ft.
Rock Island is located in Center Hill Lake in Tennessee
33 Reviews of Rock Island
Rock Island: Come for the scenery, not the camping.

Rock Island has some great spots. There's a few waterfalls, a swimming area, and some picnic areas. However, the camping is just ok, especially the tent camping. It's small, right off the road and not super close to the trails. The RV camping parts looked a little better when I drove by. There's a pavilion, a better bathhouse, and it just looked nicer. I'm all for rustic camping, but it felt like it was trying to be a better campground.

Anyways, Rock Island has a few hiking trails and a pretty awesome swimming hole beneath Twin Falls. I hiked the Blue Hole trial, which basically descends to the river via a waterfall. It's pretty difficult and you are ensured to get wet feet, but it's great!

In my opinion, there are better places to camp in the area and I would just make a day trip here to see some of the waterfalls and the huge dam that creates Center Hill Lake.

Hiking/Camping at Rock Island

This park is one our families favorite places to do a Day Hike at. The falls and river are always amazing! (Could do with less snakes though!) We enjoy climbing to the top of the upper falls where the kids can jump off the cliff. The breezy mist from the Twin Falls makes for a great way yo cool off quickly. Also, the trails are well marked

The camp site has always been neat and clean as well as the bathrooms and showers.

It's always a great drive as well.

Rock Island State Park RV Camping

We had a great time at this campground. It was me and my 2 year old son in our pop up camper. The site we had had a nice square picnic table and fire ring. We also had some friends tent camp on our site and there was plenty of space. Our friends that camped in the tent section wished they had picked the RV section since there was no playground by them. We were very close to the playground and bathhouse which was great. There was also a volleyball court full of sand. The site and bathhouse were great the only bad thing IMO is that you have to drive to get almost anywhere. If you are in a motor home and don't tow a car this could be annoying. Also the roads to the hiking are very narrow.