About Rock Island State Park

Hike In
Rock Island State Park is located in Center Hill Lake in Tennessee
28 Reviews of Rock Island State Park
Great family trip!

Our family just took a 3 night trip to Rock Island State Park. As a mama, I felt totally safe and comfortable at this park with 10 year old twin girls. The playground and restrooms were a short bike ride so they were never too far from camp. We were also VERY impressed with the cleanliness of the camp. Park rangers could be seen cleaning the restrooms and grounds every hour. With all the craziness going on, it was really comforting to see them going above and beyond to keep everyone safe. We took time to hike a few of the trails in the park. The trail that goes by the bluff was nice and easy. Our favorite was the Eagle trail. The views and trail itself were stunning! We will definitely be back!

Great place for family!

I’ll start with the reservations! Easy for sure, and they were great with last minute changes. The site was easy to get into with our 27’ 5th wheel. (Site16) plenty of recreational space on this site. We have two 10 year olds who had a blast riding their bikes. The park staff did a great job keeping the bath house very clean. Plenty of good hiking and views on all the trails. The Eagle trail was a great one!

Words will not help

You have to experience it your self

Great family park

We spent the weekend at the park in our 21’ camper. Site 28 was fairly level, and had water and 30a power. A few looked like they had sewer at them, but ours didn’t. Fair warning, sites all seemed to be pretty small. My kids loved playing at the playground. The whole park was just really well kept. Bathrooms and showers were clean and in great shape. The staff and rangers were all great, and the gift shop at the park entrance was pretty nice. Small, but had shirts and a couple souvenirs, as well as firewood. The falls were nice, but be prepared to get your shoes wet if you walk the trail down towards the main falls. There was a cold snap that weekend, so we didn’t feel like getting that wet. We will definitely be back in the spring.

Lots of Fun!

I love the water falls and hiking in the area. Beautiful landscape makes this a great place to spend the weekend.

Great state park

We visited this state park in our 40 foot motorhome. While there are only a few spots that will accommodate a rig this large, it’s worth the time to haunt the reservation system and snag one. The road to the park is winding but we had no issues. Nice big sites with picnic area and fire ring. Onsite camp hosts that are accommodating and friendly. The hike to the water falls was gorgeous and just sitting outside was worth the trip. Close to Cumberland Caverns where we enjoyed a concert in the cavern. We will definitely go back!!

Great state park

Beautiful sceneries with waterfalls

I visited this place and was amazed by all the waterfalls and scenery. The waterfalls were huge and beautiful. The park itself is really nice also.

Beautiful setting

This is our first trip (it won’t be our last) to Rock Island State Park. We are very fortunate to have a campsite with full shade. From what I can tell most of the sites are partial shade. It’s 90• and muggy but we haven’t needed our AC at all. We’ve actually gotten a little cool during the night. The park is very quiet. I love that the sites have a good amount of space between them. They all appear to be fairly level too. Some of the sites have a step down to get to the grill, fire pit & picnic table. Because of that it limits the space you have to sit under your awning. So I would look @ the pictures of the individual sites carefully before picking one, if that’s important to you. The bathhouse is very clean & the showers have plenty of hot water. McMinnvile is only a 15 drive if you want groceries or If you’d like to go out to eat. Although there is a nice store with a good little restaurant just outside the park. My husband & I ate there once & it was very good. They have a menu with the usual stuff on it as well as a meat & 3. There is a lot to see here. And old textile mill, waterfalls & an old pump house that was used for the small town of Rock Island as well as for the textile mill in case of fire. My husband & I highly recommend this park…..just don’t get our spot ;)

Great Falls

This is a small State Park and campground area in the lower part of middle Tennessee, but if you like to see some great waterfalls and a some history on this part of Tennessee you will not be disappointed.

Just make sure you have all your supplies before you get there, it is a remote area with no big cities with 50 miles.