Yurts
About Lake-in-wood Campground
Lake-in-wood Campground is located in Pennsylvania
12 Reviews of Lake-in-wood Campground
Love, love, love

From the spotlessly clean grounds to the nice facilities this is a favorite of ours. There are lots of seasonal sites but there also lots of visitors too.

Amenities include a pool that is indoors for the fall/spring and opens to connect with the outdoor pool in the summer season, plus a kids pool that includes a waterfall and a swim up bar (for icees). If you want to hike there’s adjacent game lands for hiking. There are goats. There’s mini golf. There’s a cafe. On weekends there are lots of activities. Lots of friendly staff.

Some trailer sites are narrow but others are not. Yes, there’s a quarry BUT contrary to what someone said they don’t operate 24/7, but do start around 7 or 8 am. The quarry is harder to hear from most the trailer sites.

All in all, our favorite place.

Beware the stone quarry

Was not happy with the service or our tent site. There is apparently a stone quarry behind the campground that runs 24/7, which is loud. I have 2 autistic children with me (that love camping) but we were all kept up all night with loud noises. Thankfully, they didn’t do any “blasting” When we where here. Yes, blasting, I was told a siren goes off and there are loud blast. I initially asked if we could move our sites and I was told “you can hear it through the whole campground”, i then asked if we could rent a cabin on the other side of the campground. I was told no because I had my dogs with me. Poor customer service, you can’t make an exception?! There is no warning about the quarry or I would have never booked here. Never again!

Gorgeous .. Very Clean... Friendly!

Lake in Wood has beautiful shady RV sites. As the name indicates , a beautiful lake for fishing and paddle boats. There is mini golf , a cafe , hiking, a store . and pretty little spots to picnic. A real gem!

Great family campground!

This campground offers miniature golf, indoor/outdoor pool, and a kiddie pool. There is a large lake that offers fishing and boating. There are open fields and a few playgrounds to play on. The campground is very quiet and everyone was very friendly! There is a hiking trail and depending on where your site is its a nice trek to the activities, or opt to rent a golf cart. They also have horseshoes and shuffleboard. They have quite a few shower houses spread out and some laundry facilities.

Dog friendly, but not in rental sites.

great place!!

very clean and great tent sites! bathrooms are clean and big! we come every year!

Love this campground

This is one campground I’d definitely go back too. We are tent campers but there are a lot of RVs and options for a couple of cute cabins as well. It rained the entire time I was there so we didn’t go in the pool but the campground is walkable, I was able to go running, there are things for kids to do, some animals to go visit on our walks, obviously a lake, and it’s close to stuff in Lancaster area. The campground is clean, a little noisy, but still has the secluded feel I want when camping.

Had so much fun!

clean campground. lots of activities. golf cart rentals worth it.

Quarry nearby but still a nice place

We had a great time at this campground. There is a quarry close by so you could hear the trucks beeping and the noise from there but that was the only negative thing. Huge pond for fishing, miniature gold, nice indoor and outdoor pool and a kiddie pool. Goats to pet and watch. There are a lot of really neat and different rentals here like a tree house, double decker bus, among others. Nice playground for the kids and a small arcade. We had a great time and will definitely go back.

Tight Fit

We Stayed at Lake in Wood campground in July. The place was huge. The roads were very tight and you really had to watch how you drove through because of the trees. Our site was a drive-through but slanted. There wasn’t much room on our site to do anything else. The fire ring was about all the room allowed. The metal picnic table was nice but very heavy. Our first night there A storm came through that was so bad I was worried a tree would fall on a trailer. This campground is mostly seasonal but they do have some weekend spots. The campground was very large and I would recommend renting a golf cart. They have a big lawn in the middle which rolls down to the lake. The weekend we were there they had A chicken dinner. It was actually very good. We experienced the hayride around the campground. The staff was very nice and helped us with an emergency that we had.

Lake in Wood

Clean and well maintained. Big drawback is a stone quarry about a mile away which you can hear all of the time.