Yurts
About Wallowa Lake State Park

Wallowa Lake campround has activities for everyone in the family. If you're interested in a campground surrounded on three sides by 9,000' tall snow-capped mountains and a large clear lake, this is the area for you. To fully enjoy this popular fishing and boating site, check out the Wallowa Lake Marina

Campground Info:

-121 Full-hookup sites (36 pull-through)

-88 tent sites with water nearby

-Two yurts (Both ADA; one pet friendly, see our Pets in Parks FAQ for more info)

-Group Tent camping

-Group Picnic areas

-Hot showers and flush toilets (ADA available)

-RV dump station

No WiFi
Wallowa Lake State Park is located in Oregon
22 Reviews of Wallowa Lake State Park
Beautiful location

Beautiful campground and location! The campground is big and has lots of room. Campsites have plenty of room however and you don't feel like you are right next to your neighbor. You can buy wheelbarrows of firewood from the camp hosts, but only for a short time in the evening so don't miss it! There is so much to do there from hiking, renting a boat, and taking the gondola/tram up the mountain.

Magical

Beautiful!! Lake activities, hiking trails

The smoke of 200 campfires

I should start with a few prefaces. I was at a state park on a holiday weekend. I don't rv camp. I usually camp during shoulder seasons.

Wallowa Lake is gorgeous. I regularly forgot that I was in Oregon. The snow capped peaks around the lake made me feel like I was in the Rockies.

The park was well equipped with showers, floral toilets, and dish washing sinks. The sites were reasonably well spaced.

The day use area was very crowded, but to be expected on a holiday weekend. The cottonwoods were snowing and it was magical.

This campground has about 200 sites. When each one of those sites is having a campfire, it creates a mini inversion and the smoke just hangs close to the ground, making it extremely difficult to breathe. I also noted that every night, at least one fire was left unattended, which was concerning.

The Chief Joseph trailhead is just at the edge of the park with an extremely steep first mile or so, but easing out into a lovely walk through the Eagle Cap Wilderness. Even on the holiday, I didn't see a single other person.

Amazing scenery

This has the typical state/federal issue of older campground when trailers were 20 feet long with no slides so it can be a little tight, but the location is incredible.   There's a marina with rental boats,the fish is good,  the town of Joseph is a couple miles away,  The tram and mini golf is a 1/2 walk up the road.  Be advised in Eastern Oregon each town has a max of 1or 2 gas stations. Don't miss the tram.

Beautiful, Large Campground

This is a beautiful campground walking distance to Wallowa lake. This is the perfect spot for those who like to camp, but like to have their home comforts readily available as well. There’s a Thai food cart, putt putt golf, and an assortment of other activities within walking distance of camp.

Beautiful area

This was our first stop in Oregon we were in Site C9 which is a pull thru with Full hook up. Big tall pines, the lake & mountains. We had a good site other than some neighbors with 10 kids kept walking through our site to get to theirs instead of walking around the circle. We finally said something after the 3rd day.

I love they have a grey water dump every 3 or 4 sites we have a fish cleaning table we set up it has a hook up for a hose to have direct water to it. We do dishes and prep food on it and we use a bucket under the sink in it to catch the water so walking over 2 sites to dump it is nice.

We launched the kayak & went out in the lake what a nice view of Mt. Howard. My husband caught some nice size Kokanee & trout.  There are some floating docks you can climb out on & have lunch the park has 5 I believe.

We took the cable cars up to Mt. Howard & hiked it was beautiful. Still had a good amount of snow on the ground up there. We had a drink & lunch at the Summit Grill.

The small town of Joseph is close by, small grocery store had to go a little further to get to a safeway.

The first few nights were so quiet, a nice bonfire & a glass of wine.

Some of the sites are small in the loop we were in there were some bigger ones.

Clean and quiet

This campground is a nice well maintained place with clean facilities and well dispersed sites. It was a bad fire season when we were there so it’s pretty smoky in my picture.

Clean bathrooms scattered throughout, water available. Nice tree cover and a River right at the edge of where we were. There’s trails and the lake close by too. Picnic tables and nice fire pits.

It was a very quiet place and has several loops in the campground.

Busy Campground- Great Location for Visiting the Area

There is nothing too amazing about this campground except it's location.  It's large and busy and full of people. There aren't many trees, and you're pretty much next to your neighbors. If you don't mind this type of camping, you will love the area.

You can practically walk to the alpine tram, you're right on Wallowa lake, there's a great marina and lake access for your boat or SUP, and you're just a few minutes drive to Joseph.

Also, the sunsets are incredible.

This is a busy location. Sites fill up fast.

Favorite

We come back to this place every year! The most amazing views and so many things to do for people of all ages. It fills up quickly though so prepare.

Very beautiful

Very beautiful campground with a lot of amenities. To get a good view of the mountains you have to be right on the lake or hiking through the back country but it would be a great group camping spot. Heard a whole lotta rattle snakes