Yurts
About Jessie M. Honeyman Memorial State Park

Situated half way up the Oregon coast and three miles south of Florence on scenic Highway 101 is the second largest overnight camp in the state. There are two miles of sand dunes between the park and the ocean. Two natural freshwater lakes are within the park. Cleawox -- which is great for swimming -- and Woahink, which has a public boat ramp, is used for all water sports. Rent a canoe and explore the lake.

Approximately 45 full-hookup sites, more than 120 electrical sites with water, more than 185 tent sites with water nearby, 10 yurts (one pet-friendly), and six seasonal group tent camping areas.

Hiker/biker camp Firewood for sale RV dump station Universal Access Four campsites and two yurts are accessible to campers with disabilities.

Hike In
No Market
No WiFi
Jessie M. Honeyman Memorial State Park is located in Oregon
43 Reviews of Jessie M. Honeyman Memorial State Park
A tradition in our family

My family has been camping at Honeyman state park for the last 35 years. Why we seen an increase in people, this is still over all a great Campground. A classic in fact. It's definitely worth reserving a camp spot well in advance as it gets super full quick.

It is a great place if you've got ATVs and small children. But just know that when you get out into the dunes the people on ATVs don't really respect the boundaries of people not on a TV.

It has become a slight problem. Other than that though, you were right next to the pristine beautiful Oregon dunes. Lots of cramping in the area as well as hiking. Late cleawox also is a part of this Campground. A great place to bring sand boards and hang with the family for a weekend.

This place does offer firewood and has water for both cleaning and drinking. There are well-kept showers and toilets. The camp hosts are great. It is super close to the town of Florence if you realize you forget something or want to add something for dinner one night.

Nice family friendly camp

Huge camp with a lot of variety of spots for all campers. It was clean and very family oriented. Great access to the lake and the dunes and close to town. No access to the beach. Over half the camp was closed and appeared to be in the midst of a remodel. Only complaint is that they had the bathrooms closed due to Covid- they need to ensure those can remain open with appropriate sanitation.

Honeyman State Park, Oregon

I recently spent two days at Honeyman State Park near Florence, Oregon. The first site I had I could not back into. I’m new at this so that was a factor. I talked to a ranger who found another spot for me. I really appreciated the help I received. Because it was on the coast, it was cool and windy. Park was clean, there were loops closed because of the virus but restrooms were open and clean. I’m not sure I would stay at this state park again mainly because of the surroundings….mostly dunes; but at least I got to visit.

Great

Great campground. Pretty busy so not much privacy so if you’re looking for seclusion this isn’t it. Really close access to the sand dunes and we rented sand boards for $10 a day and had a blast sand boarding. Really fun trip.

Oregon Dunes at Your Doorstep

Special and unique landscape right in the center of Oregon Dunes. We love it here. Located close to the quant town of Florence. Lots of nearby hikes, beach access, and of course the dunes. Enjoy!

One of my favorite spots

This campground has it all! We will definitely be going back.

I have been camping here for 25+ years now I get to take my daughter there and we love every minute of it the lake, the dunes, bike riding scooters. The staff is great and the facilities are always clean it’s a must-see park.

Nice Campground in the trees

Very beautiful campground in the trees with plug in sites. Quite noisy though with the dune buggies.,

Family Friendly

As mostly a mountain camper i have one to this wonderful place once a year early July with my kid and her friends.

Its a large sprawling campground..loops along a central entry road( which some goobers high from the dunes go way too fast). The staff are cool and the camp sites a good bit more private and large that up 101 at Beverley Beach.

Good wood and good firestarters available at the welcome center, Its a great place for kids..just a short hike to Lake Woalink..which during the day has boat/canoe/kayak/paddle board rental..its not as good as before though..they also do sand board rental as this state park has the biggest and best sandboard dune.

This is a VERY busy and noisy park but after 10 PM it quietens down..and i used to do midnight tours of the lake..were to my kids excitement we found turtles and salamanders in the flash light beam. A great park for young families

Convenient Glamping Spot

After camping at damp Olympic National Park campgrounds, we decided on a more southern spot last year. Honeyman has become our go to camp ground for late-summer car Camping with the kids. The weather stays sunny and warm longer than the northern regions of Oregon/Washington coast. Nice amenities including hot showers - which are a welcome convenience after spending the day playing in the dunes ( Sand cookie anyone?). The sites are relatively small but fit our two large tents and cars. The kids enjoyed roaming in the forested stretches between the camp grounds. Best of all, the dunes and lake are a short walk away.