About Mount Gilead State Park
No WiFi
Mount Gilead State Park is located in Ohio
10 Reviews of Mount Gilead State Park
One of my Favorite Small Parks

This is one of the smaller campgrounds in the Ohio State Parks system but it’s a little hidden gem. With a larger camper with have to park at the end of the row so not as many trees, but still a great park. The hiking trails are nice and one of the better marked parks. They camp store is nice and well stocked. They also have a small lake and a disc golf course. Site 37

Smaller sites, but lots of shade!

Loved the trees and shade. The lots were small and some on hills. But we loved the fire ring setting down in, lower than the road & camper for more privacy.  However, there was no grate on the ring. Went to the host on Friday evening, no one was home. Went back at 8:15 am and he sent a worker down. Unfortunately, they were under the impression the ODNR rings cannot have them installed? So if you plan on cooking on the fire, be sure to bring a grate. The grounds are well kept, even during the Covid-19 with restrictions on 6/5/20 when we arrived. Enjoyed the hiking trails and the opportunity to share nature facts with the grandkids. Recommend you visit soon!

Small Park

Ok small sites you got that from the title. Small park, very small however we loved it. Our site had a deck right behind the camping pad because the site has a descent slope. The fire pit was down the slope which was cool being out of site from walkers. Hiking trails very well maintained (only saw 3 pieces of trash while hiking, we picked up the garbage) Bathrooms clean and nice showers. We went Friday-Sunday would do again for a short weekend. President Harding’s house and tomb close by also a few wineries.

Activities only

Very small clean some play areas seen good for city based activities camp ground not so much

Modern and convenient

This campground is small with small sites. However some sites do have electricity and water. I think all have electric. The park is nice for fishing and hiking and there are spots for the kids to play.

One huge problem I had was the lack of staff midweek. As it turned out they were going to seal the asphalt the next day so I moved on and did not spend as much time as I wanted to. I probably will not return to this campground due to the size of the sites.

Camping at its best

This is a great park. Has a large pavilion. Nice camp sites. Has many hiking trails. Amphitheater is good size.

Great Disc Golf Course

We stayed only one night and it was a pretty roomy site. We took a night walk with headlamps and found the disc golf course. This was laid out to be a crazy course and included repelling ropes!

Quiet, peaceful getaway

My husband and I camped here last week without kids. We stayed at site 10. The campground was quiet and peaceful. Our site was a concrete pad and our grassy area was on a hill. It is dog friendly and the shower house was clean. They also have laundry available. Our kids would have been bored but if you’re looking for quiet, this is a great place.

Mount Gilead State Park Campground

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our one night stay at Mount Gilead State Park Campground. The campground seemed to be geared towards people with RVs, as all the sites had electrical hookups. There were also sites with water hookups, but those cost a bit more. We just needed a place to park our car and pitch a tent, so we found a site with a good amout of grass and less pavement. The sites were pretty close together, but there were just enough trees between them that there ended up being some element of privacy.

The rest of the facility seemed nice as well. There was a small playground, and an office that sold firewood. The restrooms and showers were impeccably clean. They were the cleanest of any campground I've seen so far. The showers are free and button-operated. In addition, I believe there was a hiking trail or two through the forest that started at the campground. I would happily camp here again!

Camp & Hike

Lovely state park! Happy about the new indoor facilities.