Yurts
Hike In
Maumee Bay is located in Ohio
18 Reviews of Maumee Bay
Wonderful campground on Lake Erie

Nice campground on Lake Erie! Very private with trees surrounding most of the sites.Trails, board walk, nice beach, hotel with restaurant and pool.

Large Park

Right on Lake Erie this is a gorgeous park. There is a lovely boardwalk by the nature center. A very clean beach and lots of trails. I wish we would have brought bikes. It a large park and I feel like we might have missed some of it. The lodge was also nice and they have a golf course that looked nice.

A bird watchers dream

Miles of maintained trails and boardwalks for wildlife viewing has a 5 star golf course sits on the shore of Lake Erie and bike trails for miles you will not be board here tennis and basketball courts on property and a stay at the resort is a life of luxury

Amazing!!!

The most well kept, private, beautiful campground I've been to so far. I've been a camper my whole life but a year ago the wife and I purchased a new camper with the goal of seeing a new campground each time we camped. This campground was recommended by a co-worker for how private each site is. We were truly amazed at the park, the HUGE beach on lake Erie, the inland Beach, the 2-mile boardwalk through the wetlands, the Big Hill, and the nature center. Highly recommend. Wifey says the bathrooms were Excellent (most important for her).

Great campground right off Lake Erie

We've stayed at Maumee Bay state campground a few times now and continue to go back because of how easy the stay is. Last minute plans are easy here! The sites are well maintained and a camp store is available for anything you might have forgot. Bundles of wood and bikes to rent as well. Shrubs and trees provide enough privacy from neighbors next door and there is enough room on each site for a few tents. Well maintained bathrooms and showers are available. They even have coffee and donuts every Saturday and Sunday for a small fee. Biking and hiking trails that wrap around the camp and over to the beach and lakefront. I can securely camp here without fearing getting poison ivy!

Very nice campground

This campground is now become one of my favorites. There is not a bad site. Site are large and private. The made them with large hedges and trees for privacy. Bathrooms and showers were very clean. There are plenty of hired help and volunteers to keep this campground clean. The waste station provides hoses to dump to help speed up the final stop before you leave. Highly recommend this park.

Beautiful, clean, a great stop over!

Stopped here for a brief overnight in my tent on a cross country trip. The office was open after 8pm, which was great! The landscape is beautiful, lots of smooth roads around the park for sunset bike rides, bass ponds, etc. One drawback is the sites are small and close together. Me and my neighbors could easily hear each other’s conversations. Bathrooms are clean and centralized. Felt great to have a hot shower!

Nice campground, close to home.

Close enough to home that our family can join throughout the day. Some sites are a little small but very well kept.

Large sites. Very flat.

It’s a wide open widely spaced campground. We go there every May for birding. There’s a lodge there, too, and large cabins. Bathrooms are nice.

A bit marshy

We stayed there in early May, we didn’t have reservations so they had three sites open. We took the driest spot we could find. The ground was soft and marshy. Other than that is was a nice place. Restrooms were great and they had nice showers. I would stay again but will make reservations as those sites were drier area of the camp ground