Equestrian

This recreation area is part of Dillon Lake

Dillon State Park is located in Ohio
11 Reviews of Dillon State Park
Family campground

Great sized campground. Some shady sites backed up to the woods.

Big campground with lots of amenities

This is a nice state park with a ton of sites. We were there in late October and it was super quiet. There weren’t many people around at all which was kinda nice. They do have an awesome laundry facility with commercial washers. I definitely took advantage of that. There are basketball courts, playgrounds, a disc golf course, mountain biking trails, hiking trails– you name it! Tons of amenities here and the facilities are really nice. The nearby town of Zanesville has a lot of stores too if you need anything.

Nice but busy!!

So we had a beautiful lot! Right by trees and plenty big enough with flat ground! If you like busy campgrounds this is the place for you! Us personally like it a little more peaceful. I think we also caught it on a kids bike wkend or something because there were kids riding bikes everywhere. Now we’re used to the usual kids riding bikes where we respect them and they respect us but these kids were zooming in front of us and we were backing up trying to get away from the area they were riding and they were zooming behind us. It’s a really nice campground it’s just not for us. The camp store was nice the store clerks were friendly. They serve hand dipped ice cream for about $3.25 a bowl and they also serve icee’s for about $1.40. So not too bad of priced and it gave the kids a nice walk down there and a treat to enjoy. There is also a pizza shop in Nashport that delivers to the camp site!! The menu is in the camp store. It was pretty good food but pricey. We spent $71 for 3 subs, a lasagna dinner, a salad, 12 wings and a xl pizza ( which was not XL and the crust was paper thin- but it did taste good to me). The good thing is it’s only $2.50 to deliver and it’s super convenient the night you get there! So in the end it was almost worth it due to the kids being hungry and not having to rush to get the fire started. Although the next day we went 15 min to the Walmart and there were food places there that if I would have known would have went to instead of the pizza shop. We had lot 183 and it was plenty big enough for a camper and a couple tents with parking space along the side of the road. There is also a marina and a dam you can fish at right around the area. My husband and daughter went fishing at the marina and got some bites but that was about it

Nice quiet campground!

Large campground but very quiet. Shower houses weren’t amazing but well maintained.

Home away from Home

The Newly renovated cabins here are amazing. It's peaceful and great place to just get away from it all.

Close get-away

Beautiful campground, well kept up. It’s our get away quick weekend campground destination.

Very nice campground.

Go to the back of the campground. It is very quite.

Needs updated badly

Many sites are not level. Many sites have NO shade. Only Electric available at each site. Shower/bathroom facilities look to be from the 70's.

Cabin Weekend

Great place to rent a cabin! Inexpensive and always a pleasant stay.

The best Ohio State Park Campground I've been to

I have been extremely disappointed with Ohio State Park campgrounds. They have been congested, poorly maintained, badly landscaped, and staying at one felt like I was set-up in the middle of a mall parking lot.

However, Dillon has been a completely different experience. The people in the office are very nice, the pad is almost perfectly level, the grounds are well kept, and the buildings (while a bit long in the tooth) are well maintained.

I haven't made it down to the lake yet, but so far I'm a happy camper.