About Deep Creek Campground
National Park Service
Hike In
Deep Creek Campground is located in Great Smoky Mountains National Park in North Carolina
11 Reviews of Deep Creek Campground
Best Campground in NC

We have been camping for years, and hands down Deep Creek is the best. I recommend calling at least 6 months ahead during the summer months to get a creekside spot. The location is just outside Bryson City NC. And offers fine dining and craft brewed beers from the Nantahala Brewing Co. Just 15 minutes from the NOC offering rafting zip lining, and mountain biking. I can't say enough good things about this Campground.

Creekside Camping

Beautiful campsites next to Deep Creek. Great location - secluded and not well known, so not overcrowded which is a plus. Definitely worth a visit!

A Hikers Dream

We spent 3 amazing nights and 4 days hiking the Smokys with 40lb packs and good vibes. I loved this campground along with all the others. The hikes were brutal at some points but the views were always worth it. The best part about the 14 mile days was the whiskey and the river.

Amazing location alongside Deep Creek.

The campground is full of tent sites and RVs accommodations w power. My fiancé and I set up a pop up tent and a two man tent to spend the first night. It was downhill from a bathroom, which was convenient, but the bathrooms didn’t have any light switches(?). So bring a headlamp. The campground is situated next to a ton of trails into the backcountry. You have to file a permit with the park rangers, just like any other backcountry trip. We went about 14 miles on our second day, spent the night alongside Deep Creek, and came back that morning. I gave the place 4 stars because there are no showers to bath in and no light switches in the bathroom. I understand there are no showers throughout the Smokies, but the light switches thing really ground my gears at midnight when I had to use the restroom.

Family friendly

This is a family owned and operated campground that also offers tube rentals for Deep Creek. The campground is located on the creek with multiple playgrounds for kids, country store with ice cream, and goats for kids to feed. They also offer cabins for rent. We’ve camped here twice and both times we stayed in a tent on an RV site on the creek. The site was small, but it didn’t matter because we were right next to the creek and the roar of the water at night is so soothing. They have bathrooms and private bath house with hot water which was really nice. Negatives are the price -$45/nt for creek sites and small sites, but we love this campground and hope to visit every summer with our 2 growing boys.

Gorgeous area

I love this area for camping and hiking.

lovely tentsite

beautiful area but very crowded. loud during the day and lots of tube traffic but good for the money

Next to a beautiful creek and some great hiking with several waterfalls!

The tent sites are located next to the creek and equipped with tent pad, fire pit, and picnic table. Drive through and select your site before paying to get a nice spot. The restrooms are clean but no showers. The creek is beautiful but can get busy on a sunny day with tubers floating down.

Noland Divide to Pole Rd Creek to Deep Creek

Noland Divide Trail was well maintained, proved for a good pace maintained all day, even with the intense elevation gain. Pole Road Creek Trail had many creek crossings, typically lacking An easy way to keep your feet dry while crossing. Backcountry campsite 59 had plenty of space for our entire hiking group to setup individual shelters(tents and hammocks) as well as easy access to cool Creek water to cook and filter/fill water sources while in camp. Deep Creek made for an overall relaxing stroll back into Deep Creek Picnic Pabillion area to end our weekend outing. Overall it proved to be a good weekend loop for a range of fitness levels, however plan for a rough start if going up Noland Divide, initial climb isn’t for the faint of heart.

Deep Creek Campground, NC

We camped for a week and had a great time. We went tubing down Deep Creek every day and went on some of the nearby hiking trails. The weather was perfect. We went to some of the nearby attractions and sights My family and I had the best time ever.