About Cabin Lake County Park
County
Cabin Lake County Park is located in North Carolina
7 Reviews of Cabin Lake County Park
Peaceful Family Campground with Beautiful Sunrises

The great thing about this campground is that it offers a peaceful setting no matter whether you are camping in your travel trailer, a tent, or as a group. As a leader of the Boy Scouts and the Royal Rangers, I have camped here many times in large groups. We even had a campout here with about 300 boys. As a group campout, there was lots of room for activities planned by our leaders—paintball, scavenger hunts, and evening campfire services. With that said, one of my latest campouts was just with a group of friends. I think the best fun was fishing, although I really like kayaking on the lake. At this campground, you don’t have to worry about driving in tent stakes if you are camping in a tent. The soil is sandy, and the ground is usually covered with pine straw. When I wanted to build a campfire, there were plenty of sticks and limbs to start and build a campfire. There is a swimming beach, but I would be careful about where I step since there is sometimes goose poop on the sand. You can also rent canoes and pedal boats. There is a hiking trail as well, but make sure you have waterproof shoes if it has recently rained. The trail beside the lake gets really muddy. The price is reasonable, and the staff is friendly. This is a laidback campground in a rural area, so if you are in need of supplies, you’d better bring them with you. The bath house has a concrete floor, but it is well-maintained. I have camped at this campground over a dozen times, and it never gets old. That’s why it’s one of my favorites.

Beautiful Family Spot

Wonderful place! We took the kayaks and camped for the 3 day weekend. It cost a bit more than expected and the beach area closed at 1800, which we had five kids, so that was a bummer. That is my only complaint. I wish we knew if the area without electricity cost as much. We never used the electric anyway.

Small Campground for Fishing, Kayaking, and Relaxing in a Country Setting

If you are looking for a small campground miles away from a big city, this is it. Although it is not a large campground, there are several things to do if you like fishing, canoeing/paddling, swimming (during the summer), and hiking. You can rent peddle boats and canoes, or you can launch your own, including jon boats. Boat motors are not permitted except for trolling motors, but it doesn't take much to get around the 69-acre lake. There are at least three islands in the lake and quite a few coves for finding a great fishing spot. There is a 2.2 mile trail that circles the lake, a playground for younger children, a picnic shelter, and two bath houses. The bath houses have concrete floors, but they have hot water showers. One drawback about the showers is that they are push button showers, meaning that you have to push the button repeatedly during your shower. There are two types of camping at this campground. In one area, there are sites that have water and/or electricity. The other area has primitive sites with only picnic tables and fire rings. At night, you will hear geese, which doesn't bother me but will bother some. Another drawback are the sounds of traffic coming from the distant highway and the occasional sounds of military jets flying overhead since this campground is centrally located between U.S. Marine and U.S. Air Force bases. Despite the negatives about this campground, I love it. I have camped here over a dozen times, sometimes with the Boy Scouts and sometimes with friends and family. The campground seems to have a laid back atmosphere, and the staff are friendly.

Love Cabin Lake

This park is small and simple, which is part of the reason I love it so much! Sites are semi level paved pads with electric, water faucet is shared per two sites and a splitter is available from the office. They sell ice and firewood but there is no store. It’s mostly woods but some direct sun. It’s very quiet there as the lake is for canoes, paddle boats, or electric motors only. There is a small swim beach (seasonal) and playground as well as boat ramp and fishing docks. There are well maintained trails for the hikers. This is a well managed park! No staff is on site at night, they lock the gate and go home, but give campers the gate code. Dump station is available. Do not take credit cards. Nobody much there during the week but they say it’s very busy weekends. Plenty of tent space even for big groups. Check it out!

Cabin lake is a nice quite campground and the staff are wonderful.

Relaxing

Cabin lake is a nice quite campground and the staff are wonderful.

Relaxing

Small place but HUGE views

I was a little nervous at first coming camping during labor day. However, this place has 14 rv electric sites and about 6 camp sites in the one and only loop. The place is small but feels larger than life. There are multiple fishing docks located around the 2.5 mile hike around the lake. You can rent canoes and peddle boats for minimal per hour and just relax in the middle of a large lake. You can also choose to play at either of 2 playgrounds (one for small kids and one for larger) that are boyh within view of the lake and swim beach. EVERYTHING is within walking distance which was the best part. With a 8 month pregnant wife and 2 one years olds, we were able to let the little ones roam while mom and dad walked close behind. Overall, i loved my visit. We grabbed two electric sites side by side with a family of 15 and had a great time! Definintely coming back many times!!!