About North South Lake Campground
$22.00
North South Lake Campground is located in New York
16 Reviews of North South Lake Campground
Excellent location.

Located just about a mile from Kaaterskill Falls this campground couldn’t be in a better spot. We had a wonderful weekend there. The restrooms were clean and had showers, which we did not expect.

Standard campground no frills

This was a nice campground, no frills, but it’s proximity to kaaterskill falls is the selling point

Love this place

The sites are spacious and private and there are lake side sites available too. Perfect for groups!! We were able to maximize our lake experience by bringing an inflatable kayak. I was able to explore many different parts of the lake and do a decent amount of fishing. There were a few hiking trails walking distance of the campground that were fun to explore. We will def come back!!

Clean, Tidy, Beautiful

What a great first camping experience for my toddler. He had a blast running around and hiking around the lake with his mom and dad. The beach was closed for swimming when we went (no lifeguards) but we rented kayaks and paddled around the whole day. Kaaterskill Falls are nearby - it hadn't rained much when we went, but it was still cool to see. Only complaint was lack of diaper changing table in bathroom - we had to change my son outside on the benches and it got a bit chilly!

Big sites wit trees separating them

nice bathrooms. Great hiking right from park. 2 beaches, kayaking. pretty strict on the rules and quiet times so you won’t have to worry about a loud part site.

Ok

We didn’t enjoy this campground as much. No cell service no internet and it rained the entire time. The one day it didn’t rain we went to the lake. It the water was tinted yellow/green. It may have been the rain but there also wasn’t many activities for the kids that I saw either

Charming, fun for the whole family!

I’ve had so many wonderful summers at North South Lake campground. I usually book in October to get a lakefront site and it’s well worth it! This campground has awesome trails, a charming little market just outside of the grounds, and friendly rangers and fellow campers. NS Lake was my first camping experience back in high school and it’s certainly where I want to bring my future children one day. Firewood is available at multiples houses down the road as well as at the check in hut. Kayaks and canoes are available for rentals. I’ve never had an issue or had to wait to rent a kayak and the prices are very reasonable. I can’t say enough good things about this place that is very special to me. Definitely worth checking out!

Large Family Friendly Campgroud

Large family friendly campground with all the amenities - boating, showers, great hiking.

Family friendly

Had a great time at this campground- surrounded by many returning campers which gave the whole experience a good community vibe. Ice cream truck comes around each evening in the summer. Sites are tucked away in the trees for privacy. We set up our 6 person tent and two hammocks comfortably. Long walk to the beach from our site but enjoyable anyway. Nice little hiking trails nearby.

Ranger Review: Tentsile Flight+ at North/South Lake

Campground Review:

North/South Lake Campground is located in the Catskill Mountains in Haines Falls, NY. There are 7 loops with a total of 219 primitive sites. Most are fairly level and shaded many with views of North lake or a creek. Each loop has a bathroom and showers. There is also a dump station and several places to fill up with water. There are many activities to do here like swimming, hiking and boating. There were walk-up sites available when we arrived after hours. The cost was about $28 per night. We selected site 13 located in loop #1 which was very peaceful and shaded located next to the creek. There were many rocks for the kids to climb on nearby. The showers had no hot water available and were locked during our stay which was a bit inconvenient. We hiked to some waterfalls nearby which were very beautiful.

Product Review:

As a ranger for the Dyrt, I get to test products from time to time. At this campground, I tested the Flight+ tree tent by Tentsile. This is a combination of a hammock and tent. I was very excited to get this product and have been looking at them for a while.

Pros:

• The Flight+ tree tent is very lightweight and convenient to take backpacking weighing in at only 7 lbs.
  • It has a mesh netting that keeps bugs out and can be used with or without the rain tarp. In upstate NY, we left it off because there wasn't any humidity or dew at the time. It gave us a great unobstructed view of the creek and trees.
  • keeps you off the ground- high and dry
  • 2 person size and each has their own door to get in and out so no crawling over your tent mate.
  • a variety of colors to choose from unlike most tents and has a sleek eye-catching design that peaks interest of other campers
  • Customer service is great at helping you troubleshoot your setup as well as providing videos on the website.

Cons:

• There was a bit of a learning curve to the set up. We tried it in a variety of places and with different tree configurations.
  • Had a hard time getting it level so there wasn't a lean one way or the other when you were in it. Couldn't get all the tabs to line up on each strap.