About Eagle Point - DEC
Eagle Point - DEC is located in New York
4 Reviews of Eagle Point - DEC
Tightly packed campground great for families but not for solitude

I've only visited this campground once during the height of summer on the way to the Adirondacks for some backcountry camping. I had site #22, and I'm assuming that it's one of the best sites at the campground because someone tried to buy my reservation off of me for twice it's value. That said, site 22 was located up on a hill and did seem to be one of the best sites.

Personally, I'm not a fan of crowded campgrounds and tend to prefer dispersed camping. We were surrounded by families with small children who were noisy throughout the day (I don't mind), but also throughout the night. If you're trying to get to bed early and get an early start, you might want to have some ear plugs. The noise is primarily the reason for my three star rating, but this is still a very good campground for the right crowd looking for plush amenities and recreational opportunities.

You can boat, fish (make sure you have a license), and swim (no lifeguard) in the lake right next to the campground. The site has hot showers and toilets that flush, and each site appears to have a fire ring and picnic table. Site 22 was on some soft flat ground (up on a hill) and afforded me space to put up a 2 person REI tent and for my buddy to hang is hammock from some nearby trees. There was also a path behind our site (a bit steep, but manageable) down to the lake. I don't recall firewood being offered at the site, but we had brought our own from a store nearby.

Cramped

This is a very tight place to camp. If you have a camper, good luck on getting in this campsite. Very tight sites and some are very hard to get level. No grass on the sites. some sites on the water

Hard to find

We were looking for a place to camp for the night before we did dix mountain. It was a really pretty area but hard to find anything. Ended up finding it and it was closed for the season which was disappointing.

Fun time!

Had a great time with friends. Kayaked, swam, fished. Gorgeous days at the lake. Smores and campfires too.