Fires Unknown
Pets Unknown
Water Unknown
About Pawnee Dam-Site 14 Campground

This recreation area is part of Pawnee Lake ACTIVITIES Camping Fishing Picnicking Playground Park Specialized Sport Site Other Recreation Concession Site: Groceries

US Army Corps of Engineers
Pawnee Dam-Site 14 Campground is located in Nebraska
4 Reviews of Pawnee Dam-Site 14 Campground
For Nearby Lake View Campground Sites

Doesn’t look like the northern campground at Pawnee Lake comes up in a search on this app, very specific to note my review is for the Lake View area that is on the north side of the lake. Pops up in google maps no problem.

This tends to be a quieter area, easy to head out later in the evening and still usually plenty of tent camping spots. I love this area because I camp close to the water, and can watch the sun come up over the water and trees. There’s an easy little put in for my kayak over here. Too bad that after May, the water is too overtaken with algae to hit the water.

That is so important to note at this lake - if you are camping with an animal/dog you may want to reconsider. Again, the algae here is very bad more months in the summer than good. Even once the warnings are taken down, it’s still thick with green algae and it’s harmful to animals. If you planned to swim I would caution you to re-evaluate.

Generally you’ll always be able to find an open spot here, so for a little more mellow atmosphere compared to the bigger Branched Oak lake just north, this is a great smaller alternative that is just outside Lincoln.

Also plenty of spots for Day recreation too - multiple swimming beaches and picnic spots. There’s only one spot that has a short walk form your car to the picnic area and it’s less than a minute, so you don’t have to haul stuff around.

Good for one night

We stayed here on our way back home to RI from Colorado- it was good because it was right off the highway, is dog friendly and even had some nice facilities. No complaints- was a pretty area.

Nice quick stop for 1 night while driving through in Lincoln, NE area

Nice quick stop for 1 night while driving through in Lincoln, NE area. I tented 1 night while traveling through the area on a summer roadtrip 2015. Easily located off of Interstate-80. All the amenities you'd need for tenting or RV hookups. Affordable. It is in a Nebraska State Park but the $5 day pass wasn't a deterrent. Quick drive into Lincoln as well as easy interstate travel to Omaha, NE if you're passing through.

Quick Stop

This is a great site for anyone who does not want to travel far off the highway. I drove out to RI in 2015, and found it to be very convenient for my needs. I was driving along i80 and needed a place to chill out and rest a night, and this was the perfect spot!! The dam is beautiful and the campsite sits right near the edge of the water. I had a great and relaxing night here, and was ready for another full day of deriving when I woke up!