About Hok Si La City Park
Municipal
Hok Si La City Park is located in Minnesota
7 Reviews of Hok Si La City Park
Beautiful!

Such a quaint town and park!

We spent one night here and booked it for our wedding venue as well! The lake view was spectacular and the park manager, Joanne was so humble! Joanne lives on the grounds so it made for easy access to any answers we needed while camping. We were looking for an outdoor space surrounded by tall trees for our 2020 ceremony and this site hit the sweet spot! There are a number of grassy campsites as well as dirt sites. Bunk cabins are available as well! We stayed right on the edge of the lake and absolutely loved it. So serene!🙌🏾May is the perfect time to go if you’re looking for some peace and quiet away from other campers. This campsite also doesn’t allow cars or generators on any of the camping spots, so be sure to keep that in mind!

Can’t wait to go back!

Great Family Camping

This campground is a bit more spendy than state parks and regional campgrounds, but the security and family friendly atmosphere make it worth the extra cash. Stay in the N sites, they are a little more private, and a few offer great views of Lake Pepin. N1 is a prime site. If you’re staying with friends or have a large family, the group sites G0 and G2 offer views and lots of space for multiple tents. We’ve stayed here with a group of about 20 people with plenty of room.

The sites are semi-walk-in sites, where your car stays in the main parking lot, but they do allow for drive-up loading and unloading, so don’t feel like you need to pack extra light. It limits traffic driving through the campground, and is really nice to not have vehicles driving through at all hours.

Overall, I highly recommend.

Beautiful city campground, on Lake Pepin

We stayed on one of the group sites, G6 on the Tour De Pepin weekend. The campground was very full that weekend but the group sites are spacious and well spaced out, (if you can I would recommend G4 or G5 right on the lake for group sites) you definitely don't feel like you are on top of each other or another group. Near the group sites there is also a set of vault toilets.

The campground is very green and luscious, full of beautiful trees, plants and wildlife, we heard bullfrogs, owls, woodpeckers and more (there are also train tracks near by so a couple trains too). This campground is a tent only campground with a couple cabins as well, which adds to it's secluded feel.

There is great lake access for swimming and a shower houses (bring your quarters though, showers cost 50 cents for 3 minutes). The only down side is that you cannot leave any cars near your campsite, you can drive in to drop off or pick up your gear but otherwise vehicles are parked in the main parking lot outside of the gate, which is not a big deal but from the group sites it is a trek to the lot and to the beach.

I would definitely stay here again, the lake is incredible.

My Favorite Spot

This is my favorite place. Been going here since I was single and wild, and now married and boring. It is great to have a fun time with or without kids. The group sites are spacious and the cleanest outhouses I have ever seen.

Perfect Camping Getaway!

This is one of my favorite campgrounds in Southern Minnesota! It is only 1 1/2 hours away from the TwinCities which makes it an ideal getaway. The campsites are wooded and have enough distance between them that noise is minimal. I especially love the view of Lake Pepin and the nice little swimming beach. On our last stay, we were able to watch eagles from our campsite, which was amazing. They have recently added 3 small cabins to rent which would be a nice alternative to tent camping. If you do plan a camping trip to Hok-Si-La and you're driving in from the Twin Cities, be sure to take Wisconsin Highway 35 through Maiden Rock, Stockholm, Pepin, and other small towns. You can loop back into Minnesota through Wabasha. This adds about an extra half hour to your drive but it is definitely worth it!

Love me some Hok Si La

Great group campsites that allow you to have privacy and a great time.

Close to Minneapolis and beautiful scenery of Lake Peppin.

River View

This is a great site a few hours outside of Minneapolis where 2 of my closest friends hosted their wedding. The campsite is really beautiful with lots of great walking paths and a beach area where you can swim in the river. Make sure to reserve one of the large campsites along the water as you will get a spectacular sunset view and there are some great trees for hammocks. The sites have benches and fire pits and are large enough for a good sized group. There is also plenty of parking at each of the sites and they are fairly private.

If you are looking for a place to host a wedding I also highly recommend this location as it is so magical and already has a chapel space.