About Patapsco Valley State Park
Patapsco Valley State Park is located in Maryland
6 Reviews of Patapsco Valley State Park
Offers a great variety

Patapsco Valley offers 6 different entrances. Each one provides a several different trail heads and experiences. For camping or just spending a day out on the trail with the kids we prefer the Hilton entrance. There are two huge playgrounds and a youth campground as well as a family campground. The trails we have been on are all pretty moderate to hard but offer beautiful waterfalls and river views. This definitely is a park that takes a while to explore all of it. It cannot be done in a day. Which is nice. It's close enough to home that we can visit often and not get bored.

Great Kayaking

Roland Lake in Baltimore County is a great place to kayak on the Patapsco River. Tons of wildlife, facilities, and amenities for you and your family. The park was clean and it had knowledgable staff.

Patapsco valley state park

This park has a wide range of activities for kids. The hike I did was not very long but was well worth it. The trail was well marked but there was some confusion at one point on where we were suppose to go. Luckily I had an app that kept me on trail. There are some pretty cool Bridges, old houses, and a water fall. I recommend this to any beginner hikers.

Peaceful!

Showers were amazing wow! I always tend to find that State Park showers are way better than National Park showers.. I wonder why that is.. anyway, super beautiful. very heavily wooded. if you make reservations ahead of time you can pick your campsite. When you arrive you get a code that lifts the gate for you to get in the campgrounds. Very mountainous drive throughout the campground but that’s what makes it beautiful. Barhrooms are only a short walk away from all the campsites. Very beautiful walk through nature when staying here.

Colonial hideaway

This national park has a wonderful throwback to the colonial era of the American colonies. There are frequent live reenactments as well as active animal husbandry. There are several wooded trails with some along side the shore as well. There is a large dock that you can fish from. There is also a visitor center/educational center/store. Very sweet place. The upkeep could be better as there are very worn and outdated facilities. Otherwise we make frequent visits. The shore makes for a great place to collect various shells.

We absolutely loved this campground!! Very short drive in to Baltimore- around 30 minutes. Getting in to the park was a little difficult. We missed the entrance and had to turn around (only reason I took off 1 star). Friends who were camping with us had the same problem. Nice playground for the kids. Some nice scenic areas- great for pictures. Lots of picnic areas. Very clean and the people we met were friendly.