Equestrian
About Elk Neck State Park
Elk Neck State Park is located in Maryland
25 Reviews of Elk Neck State Park
Large park with beautiful views, in a great location

Came here for the day to enjoy the beach, check out the campgrounds, and scout for a potential family reunion location. The beach area was beautiful, and not nearly as crowded as other MD State Park swimming beaches, even on a weekend. Was also nice to be on the actual bay, as opposed to a man-made lake. The water was pretty calm, and felt very refreshing, but was full of seaweed. The bottom was also quite pebbly, so I'd recommend water shoes. Nice playground and picnic shelter. We drove through a few of the camping loops, and they looked very nice and well-maintained. There is also a beautiful (and popular!) lighthouse accessible by foot, but the parking lot at the trailhead often fills to capacity, so get there early! That was the case with us, so we were turned away. Nevertheless, we had a great time, and were all set to host the reunion here, but then learned that they were planning some major renovations to the picnic shelters and a few camping loops in the months leading up to our event. We hope to return next year to camp, once said renovations have been completed!

Practically grew up here

My family went here every year for vacation when I was growing up. I have continued the tradition with my children and hope when the time comes they will with their own.

Great View

Went out to Elk Neck State Park with my mom for the day. We had a pretty good time checking out the lighthouse and walking along the shore finding shells.

Good hiking with little ones

We came here for some day hiking (and geocaching) with our little ones, and we're not disappointed. Trails were clearly marked, and not too rough for our 2 year old. Then, after hiking we spent a little bit of time at the beach. Views were nice out onto the Chesapeake bay. Store personnel were very helpful in letting us know what was available. The camp store had a decent selection of staples, as well as some bird watching books. Overall good experience.

yuck

This was probably my least favorite camping experience. The sites are very close together, there were kids playing in the bathroom constantly, the "lake" was gross and too small for the amount of people swimming. There was little access to trails for natural areas for fishing or just viewing. Our entire group came back with Chiggers as well. Would not recommend.