Riverside campground with scenic views located within 15 minutes of Harpers Ferry. The Brunswick Family Campground is located between the Potomac River and the C&O Canal, near Harpers Ferry, WV. This campground is conveniently located 1 hour from the Washington DC and Baltimore beltways and offers over 100 scenic campsites.
Great location right next the river. Easy to walk into the river or tube down it. Lots of different activities for kids and plenty of space at each site to make your home away from home.
We rented the one of the cabins, "Onward," here at Brunswick Family Campground.
- Great Potomac river views
- Weather-proof cabin with comfy bunks
- Friendly fellow campers
- C and O Canal towpath cuts right through to allow for some great walks
- Close to Harpers Ferry and tubing
- Close to the Monocacy River (great for kayaking!)
- The cabin was TINY. Essentially four beds (two bunks) and some space between them to move around. Essentially a shed with bunkbeds in it.
- Cabin was kind of expensive for what it was
- Older, just-clean-enough bathhouse (quite a walk from our cabin)
- Brunswick train station and depot is just a few hundred feet away and you can hear trains at all times of the night
- Really bright fluorescent light post outside our cabin
- Close sites to neighbors
Picked this location because it is close to our home in Silver Spring, MD but far enough to make us feel like we were leaving town. Campgrounds are tucked between railroad tracks and the river at the end of a road. Once on the campground land, the river is mesmerizing and campground staff is welcoming and helpful with any of your needs. There is a store open all day, with all essentials. Situated next to the river so half of the sites have river views. Nice boat loading ramp and dock for fishing. Half the campground are shaded with trees and half are in more of an open field. Also situated on the C&O canal, so you could walk or bike for miles in either direction for hours! Harpers Ferry is only 6 miles away on the trail. Will go back there as much as time allows!