Yurts
Water Unknown
About Red River Gorge Adventures

The campground is on 10 acres of tree lined frontage on the Red River. There is a mix of trees/shade and open fields. It is a primitive campground, meaning that there are no power hook-ups or running water. There is an excellent canoe/kayak take-out. It's location in the heart of the Gorge makes it the perfect place for riverside camping and provides access to hiking trails.

Fee Info
$8 per person, per day. Kids 5 and under are free. $10 added for trailers/RVs over 10'.
Price
$8.00 - $20.00
National Forest
Hike In
Red River Gorge Adventures is located in Kentucky
Directions
There are no addresses in the Gorge. Google search, "Red River Adventure Kentucky", and that will take you right to us!
8 Reviews of Red River Gorge Adventures
Very Rude and Unprofessional

My wife, two friends, and I all own our own kayaks and decided to go to the Gorge one afternoon. We usually put in at the normal kayak put in and pull out at the parking lot that is located near jump rock. The parking lot happened to be closed due to corona so we drove down to Red River Adventure to see how much it would be to park one car there so we could drive our other to the put in. A woman came out and we asked how much to just park our car there since we already had our own kayaks. She immediately got an attitude with my wife, I’m assuming since we weren’t going to rent their kayaks, and said it would be $15 to park. Then she said we would also have to pay an additional $5 per kayak to pull out our own kayaks since it’s their private pull out. Which is fine, but we weren’t trying to spend a lot of money since we had brought all our own supplies. We told her we were going to try to find another pull out near by, but we might we back. That’s when she really got an attitude with us and told us, “good luck finding parking and do NOT pull out on their land”. We left and drove 1/4 of a mile down the road and found parking and a pull out that was perfect. She was so rude to us for no reason and we will not be using them or recommending them to any more of our friends in the future.

Unprofessional, terrible conflict resolution, will never return

The most ridiculous, unprofessional people I've ever interacted with. They seriously need a lesson in conflict resolution. We brought our pup here to go kayaking(as they are dog friendly). As soon as we walked into the office with our dog, a dog that was sleeping in the office went after and started attacking my dog. My fiance had to put his body between the two dogs while I yelled for someone who worked there to intervene. It took multiple yells before someone came to their senses and grabbed the dog(not leashing it, just putting it to a different corner of the office where it promptly fell asleep). Thankfully no bites landed and no pups were injured but we were all very shaken. My dog is very used to going to dog parks and interacting with strange dogs/ has been a doggie foster sister, etc. so she is very good at de-escalating situations, but the situation could have been different with any other dog. Because it's normal for dogs to get into tiffs, I was mad that this company made me a) verbally confirm my dog was leashed before entering the office and b) sign a waiver to confirm my dog would stay leashed the entire duration BUT, they irresponsibly let a dog that apparently no one present owned or is responsible for, just wander around unleashed.

As I was explaining to the staff at the office that this is unacceptable, this woman comes barreling out of the trailer next to the office screaming, telling me the dog didn't attack my dog, she saw the whole thing on camera, it's not their dog, they're not responsible for it, and if I don't like it I can leave. I responded emotionally by calling her a b****(definitely a mistake, admittedly), which bruised her ego and made her flip out even more. She told me to leave and that she would call the cops on me if I didn't--all because I called her a b**** in an emotional/adrenaline filled moment which I then almost immediately apologized for.

The woman's husband came out while she was flipping out/ threatening to call the cops on us for requesting that they leash the dog and tried to assess the situation. The conflict resolution he came to was"well I'll just put the dog down". WHAT?!? What are you talking about?!?! We just want the dog leashed and out of the office, we are not claiming that our dog was bit, not threatening to call the cops(like the woman) or press charges, we just want them to follow their own written policies! The husband sends the wife to go get his gun, and she goes to the trailer and retrieves his pistol. This continues where he keeps threatening that he's going to shoot the dog, until I get my phone out and my fiance vehemently tells him not to shoot the dog. He changes his tune, he says because of how much my fiance doesn't want the dog shot, but I see him glancing at my phone and I feel like he's only changing his tune because he doesn't want this recorded. This made me so uncomfortable- either he was fully planning on resolving the conflict by killing a pet(not something anyone was asking for or suggesting) or he was just getting his gun out and viewable as part of some macho show of arms. Either way, truly irresponsible gun ownership.

Ultimately, the husband apologizes, says we can kayak(while the wife is absolutely seething in the corner). I appreciate that he eventually came down to level headedness, put his gun away, and listened to what we were actually asking of him. We thank him, and tell him we will absolutely not be supporting his company and leave.

Red River Adventure

Great place to camp right on the river! I would suggest bring your own fire wood and do not by it there at the camp the wood they gave us was not good and wouldn't catch fire. But other than that I would go back in a heartbeat. With trails close by to explore!

Disappointing

Dispite the reviews saying it was peaceful and either well spaced/not crowded, i found it to be the smallest campground I've ever seen and we were packed in there like sardines.  It was VERY crowded.  Also the GPS took us to the wrong location, making it cwry difficult to find.

Quiet secluded campground

Love this place, will be returning in the future. We stayed a week and only saw three other campers and no one with in 100 yards of our campsite. All the sites had a fire pit and I believe tables at the sites. They close the gates at night and don’t open the gates till 8 am was the only drawback. The gate adds to the security of the campground I liked that they control coming and going at night times.

Will definitely return here!

What a nice quiet secluded spot. Such a friendly staff, reasonable prices, and well maintained campground. We spent a great day in the river and an even better night in our hammocks!

My all time favorite Getaway spot!

This is my all time favorite campground. (When I’m not looking for a lot of amenities). This campground is actually a veteran owned boating rental/shuttle service with an attached campground. It’s very spacious, I’ve camped on holiday weekends and never had other campers within 100 ft of my site. I’ve also been on weekends where I was the only camper there. The campsites are fairly primitive, only including a fire ring and a nice picnic table. They do not have any water or electric hookups and no cell service, which is all a plus in my opinion. But they do have a trash bin and portable-potty’s scattered around and they sell firewood on site. Oh and the grass is always maintained. There is so much room and there are a variety of “types” of campsites. By that I mean there are wide open spaces, sites in the trees, sites with sandy floors, etc. The entire campground runs alongside the river bank, so you can put in your own kayak/canoe or rent one from them. I just love this place. It is super family friendly, they have an 11pm quiet time and strict alcohol policy. The owners and all staff are the friendliest people I’ve ever met. Two of the owners know me and my friends by name and strike up convo with us every time we’re there and we’ve only been 3-4 times a year for the past 3 years. This campground is only a two mile paddle to the infamous jump rock and swim hole. Also, you are just 10 minutes from slade, where you will find Miguel’s, (the best pizza you’ll ever eat), gas stations, and cell signal. You’re also only 20-30 minutes away from Muir Valley, an excellent rock climbing destination. And if you have made It this far, I don’t mind sharing with you that if you wade out into the water about 15ft upstream of the boat launch, the river is relatively flat with a sandy bottom that is about 5’ at normal water level. Excellent place for an afternoon swim or a rinse after a hot day of climbing. I looked for photos, I just have one from our trip and It was after we packed up. See below. Happy Camping my friends!

Excellent, quiet and secluded family friendly spot.