Equestrian
KoA
Kentucky Lakes / Prizer Point KOA is located in Kentucky
5 Reviews of Kentucky Lakes / Prizer Point KOA
Beautiful Location

This KOA is situated on a beautiful lake. We went over Memorial Day Weekend so it was a packed house. In my opinion this particular KOA was not up to par as far as grounds keeping, as the other’s I’ve stayed at. But we still had a great time. Our waterfront site was beautiful, and all the kids loved the zero entry children’s pool.

A Campground for Almost Everyone

When I stayed at Prizer Point, I felt as if I were in a small coastal town. It is the first campground I have been to that has condominiums. It doesn’t matter what kind of camping or glamping you do, this campground has it, except for yurts. However, they do have tree houses. There are also choices of cabins,“chalets”(although it didn’t look like a chalet when I looked at one), bungalows, floating cabins, etc. Of course, being a tent camper, that’s my choice. Some of the tent sites are on top of each other, but if you are lucky enough, you can stay at a site beside the woods. You still don’t get complete privacy, but it is better than being on the other side of the path where the tent sites are on top of each other. The tent sites are grassy, which I like. I prefer a grassy site over a concrete pad. Some people love the large campgrounds with lots of activities, especially when there are children with you. Since I am mainly a tent camper, I prefer the solitude of being in the woods. Fortunately, I was there at the beginning of the week, and it wasn’t as crowded as it normally would be. Personally, and subjectively, I would rate this campground one star; but objectively, I have to rate it five stars because it offers so much. While I was there, I toured the campground and was amazed at how much they have. They have go carts, oversized chess, swimming pools, a soccer field, a marina, a restaurant, and a section called Prizer Lagoon. You can also rent golf carts to get around, and you will want to do that unless you want to walk for miles. There, you can play in the inflatable obstacle course or ride in a paddle boat. There is also a zip line that crosses the water. For RVers, you have quite a few options. One section has formal concrete pads with hookups. Another section is not as“sanitized” but offers everything you need for your RV. I was surprised by the size of the marina, which was huge according to my limited knowledge of marinas at campgrounds. There is also a boat ramp for when you want to launch your own boat. If I wanted to RV, I would choose the little peninsula beside the boat ramp. Great view! If I wanted to stay in a cabin, there are some cabins next to the lake that also have great views. Overall, this campground has everything you want in a resort campground.

Beautiful Lake

You can't beat having a lake next to you while you are camping. This is something my family and I always look for when we are camping. Water is always a great place to entertain the kids and family. The lake here is great, although it was pretty busy when we went. It was in the summer, so I understand and expected it to be busy. We saw people fishing, swimming, boating, tubing, and kayaking. I really wish there was a place nearby to rent kayaks because that looked like a blast. Next time we will definitely bring our own. The campground was good, pretty generic, but clean. Each campsite had its own table and fire pit. Although when we were there, the fire ban was on so we couldn't build a fire- which is understandable. It would have been too hot for a fire, anyways. We stopped at the first grocery store we found before heading to the campground to buy snacks and water. Thankfully we bought water because they didn't have water at the campground. We also really enjoyed some hikes nearby that had the best views. We did a few hikes in the morning that were only a few miles long, and didn't take us long to get there. Within driving distance of the campground. The bugs were out in full effect, so definitely bring spray if you plan to hike. There was some waterfalls and standing water on the hikes and the mosquitos were around this area. The weather was great while we were here, but we applied sunscreen like crazy especially when we were by the lake. The cost was fairly cheap, $12 a night.

A million activities!!

We really enjoyed this place. Its pricey but they have a million activities for the price. The campsites are all beautiful and are either close or directly on the water.

Gorgeous setting, lots of amenities

RV sites have picnic tables and fire rings. Many sites have great view of the lake. I recommend renting a golf cart. This is a very large campground. They have free kayak and paddle boats. Very attentive staff.