About Fort Boonesborough State Park
Hike In
Fort Boonesborough State Park is located in Kentucky
24 Reviews of Fort Boonesborough State Park
Nice, basic campground

We stopped here passing through for 1 night.  My impression was that the camping area was a basic field with not much privacy between sites.  It's good we had a 50' hose because the water hook-up was with other faucets between a few sites.  Not with the electrical hook-up as we were used to seeing.

Walk through history

Fort Boonesborough SP is near I64 and I75 Between Lexington and Richmond , Ky. The Kentucky River is adjacent. I remember watching Daniel Boone in black and white when I was a kid. The Fort is very cool.

I imagine the staff here stays very busy considering the amount of people that pass through. Then there are those visitors that try to get the most for their money and stuff as many people as possible into one site. And my favorite, the ones that think it’s someone else’s responsibility to clean up their trash. So here’s a shout out to the people that do their best to keep it working and try to keep a professional smile on their face while putting up with the less then polite visitors.

Alrighty then…..nice enough busy campground with some sites definitely more preferable then others. Knowing the campground and reserving ahead always makes your stay better. We visited in the off season so did not have to worry about the crowds. Showerhouse was adequate and the sites reasonably level. Sort of a “every available spot” used kinda campground and I would not want to stay here when it is at full capacity. I’m here for the hiking mostly and enjoyed the trails and bridges. The Fort was VERY cool. If my kids were still at home this would definitely be a field trip location! In the area is the Beer Cheese Trail check it out!

Great glamping spot

This is very good for a family that wants to camp. We stayed in the primitive campsite and it was clean and quiet. The grocery store and showers where very close by. They offer the opportunity to rent a golf cart for $25 a week. Fishing is also great!

Good Campground

Good Campground. Bath house were clean.

Not my favorite

I think I'm spoiled to the koa campgrounds. Very dark ar night. Staff not friendly. Said they couldn't print a copy of what I paid. Very disappointing.

Dirty and noisy

We were excited to check out this campground on a big trip from Michigan to Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana but we were very disappointed in it! The campground was overly packed - 2-3 cars per site on most. Our site was so dirty, we picked up a Walmart bag full of trash and we didn't get close to all of it - so much was buried sticking out of the dirt. The staff was not friendly. We also found it to have a ton of road noise. We ended up leaving after only one night (forfeiting the additional two nights we booked - they stated they couldn't refund because we booked online and They don't have our money)

We did love going through the fort and kids enjoyed that but pool was a long ways from our site so we didn't go check it out - drove by looks nice.

There was other sites that were grassy and looked cleaner - ours was dirt and in back

They do have nice paved areas to park your camper on.

Nice!

This is a very nice park. There were lots of activities going on the weekend we were there. Playground was really good. Many of the sites were small. They had about 30 sites that have sewage. The rest of the sites had electric and water. There were tent sites also. The bath house was nice and clean. The staff was super friendly. There is miniature golf and a small store on site. There is a walking trail trough the woods to Ft Boonesboro (a recreation of the original fort). Unfortunately it was a wet rainy weekend when we went, so we didn’t get to tour the fort. We would definitely go back.

Not just a campground

Great place to visit. We go there a lot with friends and family. A lot of sightseeing.

Great little state park

Try to stay in the front area if possible. Some of the sites in the back get muddy if it rains. Stay clear of site 13 & 15 as they tend to flood. All others are great.

Not for us!

Too much road noice. Area is low and when it rains the camping area and wet for days.