Yurts
About Pleasant Creek Campground

Pleasant Creek Campground is nestled in a wooded setting along a tributary of the Vermillion River, surrounded by rolling hills and mature trees. We are located 5 miles from the entrance of Starved Rock State Park in the gateway town of Oglesby, Illinois. Pleasant Creek Campground is quietly tucked away in the heart of the Illinois Valley and just minutes from unique shops, historical sites, recreational activities, and amazing dining!

Campground Amenities: Spring-fed, stocked fishing pond Well supplied general store Creekside campsites

On-site Trailers for rent New bathhouse and showers Basketball, Volleyball, and Tetherball Variety of sites available for RVs and tents

Water & Electric available at most sites

Game Room with ping pong, arcade games & more

Dump Station on site and pump outs available

Playground and an array of outdoor games Minutes from Starved Rock State Park and Matthiessen State Park

Private
Pleasant Creek Campground is located in Illinois
11 Reviews of Pleasant Creek Campground
It's Abandon campground we lost our money.

We booked for 9 people and Pleasant creek booked three Cabins 212, 213 and 312 they says these cabins were AC We paid $700.

Few in our group were hanicape.  after reservation and credit card charged we had few questions we made at least 20 calls no one picked. I live in Bolingbrook Illinois bcz I booked and was responsible drove to this place 2 hrs to check out.

Found out this place was abandant, no cabins, and looked scary and closed. I came back trying to ask my monhey back no answer or E mails replies. This place is a scam please be careful. I also, filed a police report lost my money not happy and very embrassed in front of my group.

Please, do not trust this place and do not book on credit card I lost my money.

Thanks,

Soni

What creek?

I honestly can’t get over this campground. I’ve stayed at some sketchy grounds but this….the facilities were nice, general store is convenient and sells beer and 24hr firewood access is the only thing saving this review. There is zero privacy in the tent sites, upper Creekside is a good spot for if it rains but be aware of the intense incline. The “creek” isn’t an actual creek but just rain runoff. The older gentleman that runs the place is pretty rude, and the security is obnoxious with how often they circle around the sites. The fishing pond is subpar. At $36/night(stayed 2 nights so $72 in total) I could have stayed at a state park with actual water access and with privacy for around $20 total. This is definitely not somewhere locals should go and just let the tourists have it.

Nice little campground

This is very close to Starved Rock & Matthiessen State Parks, both of which are absolutely breathtaking! The campground is decent; lots of tents. Spots are pretty close together, but some have water & electricity; pull through spots available too. Nice camp store & small arcade. The fishing pond was NOT well kept, and the water tasted terrible—we ended up buying jugs of water because we couldn’t even stand to brush our teeth with it. Reasonable rates; we paid $44/night for pull through spot with water & electric. Fire ring & picnic table at each spot; firewood sold at camp store & outside firewood vending.

Great find for area

Clean bathrooms. Secluded from road, quiet, in forest. Friendly staff.

I love a nice shady camp site

We had the shade and the sites had nice people and we were near a stream, but there was a ton of poison ivy in the uncut beside the tent. Even ivy in the utility box for water and electricity.

Illinois Berkshire Feel

This is an amazing full service type private campground. Everything you could want is here: there is a creek with tent sites along it, there are RV sites with full hookups, there are cute little cabins, and there are even yurts! There is a general store where you check in, and if you get there after it closes, they leave directions on the door for reserved sites and info on how to get a non reserved site. There is a nice pavilion, a game room/club house, basketball court, fishing pond, firewood for sale, and a few short trails. I felt like I was in the Berkshires instead of northern Illinois since most of the buildings down by the creek were whitewashed with green trim. Even though sites are close together, it still felt a bit private at the tent only sites on the creek. Up top it was more open with kids running around and playing everywhere. The rates are somewhat pricey ($28 for primitive sites), but include showers in the super clean (looks brand new!) bath house.

the great outdoors

right near the vermillion river which offers a white water rafting trip in the early season, just about 5 miles from starved rock.

Watch your campsite choice! We flooded

the bulk of the campsites are down in a valley and ours was along the creek. A heavy downpour resulted in water up over our ankles all through the site! Thank goodness the tents floated while we hunkered down in our vehicles. Took forever to drain so we, and the Girl Scout Group two sites over all ended up packing up and heading for home.

Ok campground with no privacy.

We stayed in the section called Creekside. The best part about the campground was being able to hear the creek at night in the tent. Otherwise the sides are on a completely grassy area which can get horrifically muddy in the rain. The kind of mud where you step and you sink in past your ankles. We were there during torrential rain and you have to park your car in this grass as well. It’s been a lot of time worrying that my car was going to sing too deeply to drive out. The area we stayed in was allotted six campsites. At any other campground they would have put two campsites in that same space. Luckily for us no one else was there. If there had been it would’ve been very uncomfortable. I can only see being this close to people if you’re there for a family reunion or a group of friends. This was true of all the campsites we saw. Also true of all campsites was it there was no vegetation or screening of any kind. Although there was a good amount of shade. Just not that would’ve provided any sort of privacy. We drove up to the area called the Highlands where some of the RV sites are. It was steep and narrow and I was a bit nervous with my van. I imagine if you’re driving an RV up there it could be a bit hairy.The game room was closed the whole time we were there so I can’t speak to it. The bathrooms were doable. Nothing great but not gross.

Nice Campground

This campground is nice, but not our favorite. It’s really expensive. Most sites have no privacy at all. the kids loved going to the playground and they do have an arcade but other that that there’s not much to do. A little creek runs through the campground and you can walk along that. They sell firewood and the bathrooms are really nice. The staff is also very nice and live on site so are there to help whenever you need. RV and tent sites. fire pit and picnic table provided. Close to the state parks where they have tons of amazing hiking. Overall good campground just a little expensive.