About Crooked River State Park
Crooked River State Park is located in Georgia
21 Reviews of Crooked River State Park
Unbelievable

The campground is huge and has everything you need. Easy to get in and out of with a camper or a tent. The river is Swift and fun for boating. Fishing is great and the trails are nice and pretty

Wonderful

This is one of my favorite spots. Super clean, Quite, friendly. Sites are large and easy to spot your Rv.

Great relaxing place to visit

I live close to Crooked River State Park and have visited it several times over the years. They provide bike rentals ($12) if you dont have some with you! There is putt-putt golf as well as several hiking/biking trails to explore!

Large and quite campground

Campground is very close to several beaches including the ferry to Cumberland Island. Great trails for hiking and biking. There are alligators and other wildlife. We had a great time! We stayed in early April and missed the insects.

Full hookups are always a plus.

This campground is first come first serve, but we happened to get a nice site that backed up to the river and woods. There isn’t any shade at these sites so it gets pretty hot. There isn’t a lot of privacy either. There are full hookups now after a major renovation of campground and that’s always a plus. There are beautiful views of the sunset at the bait shop. There is a nice camp store and the staff is friendly. Unfortunately, they did not tell me how to sign up for the rewards program when I asked so I didn’t earn points for my stay there.

Beautiful Campground!

My only complaint was the camp site were a little close together. Other than that, it’s a beautiful park, with hiking and kayaking/ canoeing opportunities! There was also putt putt golf course as well which made for a fun time!

Great campground loads to do

We stayed in a cabin on this camping trip it is kid friendly with lots of programs for the children. We walked nature trails saw a wildlife program played putt putt and kayaked. We put in at the parks boat ramp and fished it had its own cleaning station. We swam in the springs which were not overcrowded and we even got to see manatees. It was a great trip.

Clean, nice and great views .

We stayed on the cabins, with the whole family. Mom's, aunt's and kids. 3 to 80 years old and all had fun.

Love this spot!

I've stayed here twice and loved it both times!

The first time I stayed here I was with a college outdoor group for spring break. We stayed here our first and final nights (we paddled out to Cumberland Island for the nights in between) and this served as a great place to launch from and leave our vehicles. The campground is well maintained and very clean. It is quite large but the sites are well spaced out and are quite open. I know that another reviewer mentioned that they didn't like the vastness of the campground, however, I find the larger old pines and fields nice for a multitude of activities. Not to mention that the sites are more than adequately spaced so that our large group did not feel super tight, nor did we feel like we were on top of other guests.

The second time I stayed here was with my family and we also paddled out to Cumberland Island from here. Although, on the second visit we were able to explore more of what the park has to offer. We spent time walking a multitude of trails (full of wildlife, we startled a fawn) as well as visiting the small nature center.

The bathrooms are well cared for and the grounds are clean. Each site is also meticulously maintained and the staff in the visitor's center are beyond pleasant. This is a great spot to visit all on it's own, or as a starting/ending point for an island adventure.

Open style campground

We went camping here as part of a group outing and while we had a great time, the campground is a bit too open for my liking.