No Drinking Water
Contact
Browns Creek is located in Colorado
5 Reviews of Browns Creek
Peaceful dispersed camping

Great place for dispersed camping in San Isabel. We chose a tent site up 274 at the end of the road late Friday evening. Still plenty of spots available! Recommend the hike to browns lake nearby. Vault toilets at the trailhead if needed.

Our spot was right off the Colorado trail, lots of thru hikers going by. Originally we had wanted to stay at iron city campground (first come first serve) but all spots were taken. It was a happy mistake because we liked dispersed camping here better πŸ™‚

360 views

Had a blast dispersed camping! Quiet and spaced out plenty of fire rings along the road. Road leads to the Browns creek falls trailhead. At the trailhead there are vault toilets if you’re too good to dig a hole. Awesome hike and amazing time camping.

large area. lots of spots

Very popular in July, but there are plenty of spots. everything is very spread out.

I was able to get my 25ft rig pretty far up the mountain on road 274A. there was 30-40ft class A in the spot closest to me. lots of vIews of Mt Princeton and Antero

only thing I didn't like is the cows. they roam freely and will come and poop in your campsite.

Quiet and Peaceful

Dispersed camping up at the lake. I say anything next to water is a bonus!

For Night 1 we hiked in stayed somewhere off the trail, at what seemed like a horse camp stop. Night 2 we stayed up at the lake campground. Got there early afternoon and was able to claim a prime spot. There is not much access to the water, so those spots get taken up rather quickly.

Great views, awesome sunrise.

Open and beautiful

Dispersed and a great hike to Browns Creek. The farther you drive in the rpigjer the road but still doable. 14ers in view, Mt Princeton and Mt Shivano